any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any advice?

Hey whats up..i'm interested in learning more about amps and how they work so i wanna a buy one but around 150 bucks or less. Preferably tube. Any suggestions? Style doesn't matter i'm into all kinds of sounds.

Buy an Epiphone Valve Jr, it's about the only thing you'll get for 150 bucks. Maybe a VHT Special 6 if you're lucky and find one on sale.

Both are simple tube amps that are easy to take apart and modify if you're that way inclined, but they also sound perfectly good stock.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

sweet... thanks

Comment

This might be heresy, but the Bugera V5 is a pretty nice package for about $150 - 5W tube with digital reverb, volume and tone, and headphone jack. It actually sounds pretty good straight off the shelf, but I have read that swapping speakers can make it really nice. Only downside is that Bugera is a division of Behringer and the jury is still out on the long-term stability/workmanship.

Comment

Robman, If you have a Music go Round or similar cosignment shop they have alot of used stuff that can be a real bargain. Lots of tube stuff at the one here. And if the price is right you won't feel guilty attempting mods or gutting the transformers out for your first custom build. Read alot here along the way and have fun with it! The fender schematics are very clear in my opinion to start with as far as analysing signal paths.

Comment

Working...
          X