A great utility for copying & moving files: Teracopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great utility for copying & moving files: Teracopy

I have complained before about how Windows does not handle file transfers very well at all- if it has a question it will stop what it is doing until you give it an answer. And if it runs into some glitch it will usually abort the transfer.

I've been using the free version of Teracopy for several months now moving several terabytes of files around with no problems:

Copy your files faster with TeraCopy

I have it set to be the default handler for moves and copies in WinXP. And I do have it configured to test every file transfer.

Steve Ahola

P.S. I've been moving files around the past 2 days and ran out of room on one drive (well, there were files being moved from that drive but it hadn't happened yet). The program paused and informed me of the situation. Once I freed up some space it was ready to finish the file transfer. I could never imagine Windows handling file transfers so competently.
    Last edited by Steve A.; 03-03-2011, 05:53 PM.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Just use Linux

Comment

Teracopy is an excellent tool. The fact it queues the transfers and handles multiple sources and destinations gracefully is why I use it.
      Pickup prototype checklist: [x] FR4 [x] Cu AWG 42 [x] Neo magnets [x] Willpower [ ] Time - Winding suspended due to exams.

Originally posted by David Schwab
      Then you have neos... which is a fuzzy bunny wrapped in barbed wire.

Comment

One gripe about Teracopy: when moving files on the same hard drive it will sometimes actually copy and delete them rather than just editing the FAT (or whatever is used with NTFS). But not always. It might have something to do with Windows 7 Home Premium. In any case, I have Teracopy configured so that it is not used when the Scroll Lock is on.

But other than that I like Teracopy a lot since you can set it to test all of the files copied or moved from one drive to another. I used to move around a lot of music files using the WinXP function and if it ran into the slightest problem it would pause waiting for input from me. I'd come back an hour later hoping to find everything done but it had hardly even started... :-(

Steve
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:
        https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

tetra is very good tool.It help your copy and transfer faster very much

Comment

Working...
          X