Danelectro DM-25 Grill Cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro DM-25 Grill Cloth

I have a couple of questions about one of my amps. It is a Danelectro DM-25 in really great condition except for one thing, maybe.
    I have been through the Dano book and there are no colour pictures of this amp or any from the similar line of amps.
    Should the grill cloth be silver, rather than the lovely golden brown shown here, which I fear is nicotine staining?
    If the cloth should be silver, does anyone out there know of a good way to clean it short of dismantling the amp, removing staples and washing, which will probably shrink the cloth and render it useless.
    I am not completely opposed to the colour, however I would like to get this looking as clean as possible and remove evidence of former bad habits.
    Any tips would be appreciated if the colour is wrong.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Resonator Guy View Post
    I have a couple of questions about one of my amps. It is a Danelectro DM-25 in really great condition except for one thing, maybe.
    I have been through the Dano book and there are no colour pictures of this amp or any from the similar line of amps.
    Should the grill cloth be silver, rather than the lovely golden brown shown here, which I fear is nicotine staining?
    If the cloth should be silver, does anyone out there know of a good way to clean it short of dismantling the amp, removing staples and washing, which will probably shrink the cloth and render it useless.
    I am not completely opposed to the colour, however I would like to get this looking as clean as possible and remove evidence of former bad habits.
    Any tips would be appreciated if the colour is wrong.
    Thanks
    Probably will be the same as the Silvertones of the era. Good luck finding some.

Comment

Some folks prefer the look of "patina"...
      Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Working...
      X