Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Buzzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Reverb Buzzing

Hey guys, I am new with tube amps so I really need some help!

I just got my used Fender Hot Rod Deluxe a few days ago and I love it. It sounds great and everything is fine, except for one problem! When I play certain notes (mainly the 12th fret on the low E string) with the reverb on I can hear a buzzing sound. At first I thought the problem was tube rattling or something with the tubes, but when I turned the reverb down to zero the buzzing went away. Also, for some reason the reverb tank is only screwed down on one end, so I tried shifting the tank around a bit and it lessened the buzz a bit, but still didn't completely get rid of it. I'm scared to do anything else as I do not want to harm the amp. Do I need a new reverb tank or can this problem be fixed easily? Please let me know and give me any suggestions you have!

-Thanks, Van Do

Make sure the tank is screwed down properly. The signal from the tank output gets a lot of amplification - a common source of acoustic feedback. If it's screwed through rubber washers, don't overtighten and lose the suspension effect. If it's in a tolex bag so much the better, screw it down firmly both ends.

Comment

Working...
    X