"Professional Quality"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronsonic View Post
    No kidding. Everything is "best" "no compromise" "perfect vintagey correct yada yah."

Makes you wonder what would happen if an ad read "this is real good for the money," or "this is as good as you'll get for $50." Will people appreciate the honesty or will they demand "the best" but pay walmart prices.
    There are more creative ways of doing it. "Great pickups without breaking the bank", "no frills all tone", or, "your guitar mod addiction jus got cheaper" are all ways of implying a new, lower price point without seeming K-Martish.

I agree on the "vintage correct" thing. I see "vintage correct" so much in ads that I have stopped giving it any meaning. For most it just means that they actually bought some heavy formvar and are using that on their stew-mac kits. For others it is meaningful, but there is a bit of a "No, I'm Spartacus!" sort of thing going on.

Comment

Interesting ad. This reminds me of ads I see locally for "Professional Recording Services/Studio at Budget Prices!". Usually some kid with a PC and a USB mic and some hacked software. Or the ads I see for analog to digital converters for $200 advertised as " Make professional studio quality recordings with this..." I have spent years learning the art of recording, and spent a ton of money on gear. It gets annoying to see ads of someone claiming things that really cannot be possible or are extremely unlikely.

I decided my pickup ad will read: "Made with the same parts Leo Fender* instructed me to use."

* Leo Fender is actually Leopold "Fender-Bender" Kowalski, my trusted neighbor and friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronsonic View Post
        Will people appreciate the honesty.....
        I can give a qualified answer to that.
        NO.

They want all the hype, bullshit, and crap you can spew at them. The more promises the nailing such and such tone, the better. The more statements of crap that doesn't really matter, the better.

Sad, if you ask me. Sadder, those who use it to their advantage.

Comment

It's easy to fall in the trap, and tell them what they want to hear.
          I like Pepe's Line. "I can do that, but It's gonna cost you!"
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            I like Pepe's Line. "I can do that, but It's gonna cost you!"
            Works like a charm...
            Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
            Milano, Italy

Comment

Finally looked at the ad in question. Good grief, that is one ugly solder joint. GFS normally has lovely pictures of its product lines. Who the dickens took/approved that picture? Dock their pay!

Comment

Working...
              X