Where Can I buy Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReWind View Post
    No, not at all. I only use a few drops and I wipe it on and right off a few seconds later. It just softens the outside of the tape and seems to accelerate the natural aging. Here's a photo (not great lighting, sorry):

...but if you like new and shiny, you probably wouldn't be into it.
    Congrats , nice job in there

Comment

Originally posted by ReWind View Post
      Thanks, man! The fluorescent lighting makes them look a little yellow, but you get the idea. I was mostly just trying to show how the paper tape can get that look.
      Nice looking pickups. But you gotta screw them pole screws down! I keep mine flush with the top of the pickup. That keeps the coils closer to the strings. Sounds fuller that way.

You should get some of the black cloth tape if you want to cover up the wires.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
        Nice looking pickups. But you gotta screw them pole screws down! I keep mine flush with the top of the pickup. That keeps the coils closer to the strings. Sounds fuller that way.

Don't you know these PAF Boys always run Nickel Covers.
        He has it set up for a cover, and the screws are about right when You put the cover on it!
        That is why no Cloth tape, No bother, When you use a metal cover!
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post

I keep the poll screws up for two reasons. I do fit covers on them and that helps line them up properly and then keep the screws at about the right height when covered and set to the string radius (I keep the G and high E bit higher usually), but I also prefer the slightly brighter sound of having the screw up a bit. If I sell them uncovered (which I don't really do anymore other than custom sets) I lower the screws, knowing that most others prefer a more balanced sound between the coils.

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          Don't you know these PAF Boys always run Nickel Covers.
          He has it set up for a cover, and the screws are about right when You put the cover on it!
          That is why no Cloth tape, No bother, When you use a metal cover!
          T
          Hey, I used gold covers once!

Comment

Where does everyone buy pickup tape?
            I have used the paper and fabric pickup tape from Stewmac.
            I just hate to make an order for Paper tape.
            Any cheaper places to buy that kind of stuff.
            Thanks,
            T
            We sure got away from where to buy Paper tape, and where to buy parts.
            I can't find the 1/4" paper tape like StewMac Sells anywhere else.
            I guess I will buy a roll of the .26" cloth Tape sold by mojo, on my next order.
            Some guys use the mylar tape like S. Duncan uses.
            I wonder where they buy the Mylar.
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

I guess I will buy a roll of the .26" cloth Tape sold by mojo, on my next order.
              T
              So is this fiber tape cloth or what ?
              3M #11 Black Fiber Coil Tape (.260 x 72 yards)
              did any one try it
              "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads
                So is this fiber tape cloth or what ?
                3M #11 Black Fiber Coil Tape (.260 x 72 yards)
                did any one try it
                I'm fixing to make an order with mojo I will get a roll and see what it is.
                It cost plenty, but looks like a big roll.
                I just love the 1/4 inch paper that SM sells but that is all I need, so I guess I will try the Mojo.
                T
                Terry

Comment

We sure got away from where to buy Paper tape, and where to buy parts.
                  I can't find the 1/4" paper tape like StewMac Sells anywhere else.
                  T
                  You might want to check this out - it's not exactly the same but it is kind of close to the Stewmac Tape just a little shinier. You do have to buy 12 rolls minimum though.

1/4" x 60 yards Black Masking Tape S-7161BL - Uline
                  www.sonnywalton.com
                  How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
                    You might want to check this out - it's not exactly the same but it is kind of close to the Stewmac Tape just a little shinier. You do have to buy 12 rolls minimum though.

1/4" x 60 yards Black Masking Tape S-7161BL - Uline
                    Hey Sonny:
                    Thanks a lot!
                    That looks Great.
                    Are you using that tape?
                    I may need to get some of the Snazzy Purple!
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

3M lightblock tape is awfully nice, too. It isn't the best dielectric tape out there, (it was never intended to be) but it is still pretty good. I've used it for shielding pole pieces, though I just use it for the outside of coils now. It looks good, conforms well without breaking, and it sticks well without destroying a coil when you try to take it off.

I think it is #235, but without going downstairs into the shop, that is just a guess.

Comment

Hey Sonny:
                        Thanks a lot!
                        That looks Great.
                        Are you using that tape?
                        I may need to get some of the Snazzy Purple!
                        T

Yes, it's what I am using now. I found this when looking for some 1/4 inch regular masking tape to use for masking fretboards for leveling.
                        Here's a photo of a bucker bobbin from one I'm building today, and also some samples of the front and back sides of the different kinds of black 1/4 inch tape I have around.

www.sonnywalton.com
                        How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Working...
                        X