Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Can I buy Parts

It's always the age old question?
    The object of rewinding is to 1. Save Money 2. Make a better Pickup than Stock
    3. Better Quality for less money than stock 4. Make something a bit different than norm
    Etc.
    So then you have the dilema of where can I get good parts for a good price.
    You can get Kits at StewMac and Mojo.
    You can buy loose parts at StewMac, Mojo, GuitarPartsUsa, Guitar Jones, All Parts.
    The problem I have is you can't get everything at the best prices everywhere.
    I get a lot of things at Mojo, I get My Pickup Tapes at StewMac, I buy bobbins, and Baseplates at GuitarPartUSA.
    Wire can be bought at BAE on EBAY.
    I buy my wire at MWS in California.
    MWS makes most Plain Enamel being sold.
    Most of the small rolls of PE is re-rolled MWS PE.
    So where do you buy what?
    Senionr Members are welcome to leave Buying Tips and comments, Please Do.
    Later,
    Terry
    Edit**
    STEWMAC.COM : Guitar Parts, Bass, Banjo, Mandolin, Hardware, Tools, Supplies, Free Information
    Guitar Pickup Parts & Rewinding Supplies - Guitar Parts USA
    Guitar Pickup Part by Type - Mojotone.com
    Magnet Wire
    Electrical Test Equipment, Manufacturing Metalworking items in BAE MAGNET WIRE store on eBay!
    Copper Wire Manufacturer, Specialty Wire Manufacturer
    Last edited by big_teee; 06-05-2012, 01:48 AM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Well you can buy eyelets at Mouser but it helps to know which ones to get.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
      Well you can buy eyelets at Mouser but it helps to know which ones to get.
      That doesn't look like the easiest place to shop.
      So many choices, so little time!
      Terry
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Wherever you buy pickup parts now, you can get eyelets
        Eyelets
        STEWMAC.COM : Brass Pickup Eyelets
        eBay Store on eBay Canada
        Mouser is a great place as well & great to deal with ,but i agree with big T ......Christ !!!!!!! they got a vast inventory........................
        Last edited by copperheadroads; 03-14-2011, 01:36 AM.
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

There is a slightly out-of-date resources page at the Pickupedia.

Sources - Pickupedia
          "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Mouser is intimidating at first but it's the place to go if you want the widest range of sizes at the right price.

I posted a bunch of appropriate part numbers here: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t23228/

Comment

Check out Volcano arts for copper and brass eyelets. They have 1/16" and larger sizes that are good for DIY layout boards.

Volcano Arts | Embellishments

Comment

Originally posted by Danelectron View Post
                Check out Volcano arts for copper and brass eyelets. They have 1/16" and larger sizes that are good for DIY layout boards.

Volcano Arts | Embellishments
                Dan:
                That is a cool site. There's a neat chart that shows all the sizes of Eyelets also.
                Thanks,
                Terry
                Terry

Comment

If I remember right they were much cheaper than the eyelets specially designed for audio.

Comment

This is a good resource Thread.
                    Thought I would attach the Last Magnet Doc from Magnetic Hold.
                    One tab for Bar Magnets, and one Tab for Rod Magnets.
                    He doesn't have the A8s listed, but they are available in regular humbucker length.
                    Shea at Magnetic Hold is supposed to be sending me a Price List.
                    I will attach it when I recieve it.
                    Keep Rockin,
                    Terry
                    Terry

Comment

For off the shelf bobbins, base plates.- Mojo tone and Allparts
                      For screws slugs pole screws and mags try addictionFX.
                      Shut up and play

Peace and Tone The Rain Mann

Comment

Originally posted by captcoolaid View Post
                        For off the shelf bobbins, base plates.- Mojo tone and Allparts
                        For screws slugs pole screws and mags try addictionFX.
                        Unless you have a commercial account, Allparts way out of my price range.
                        B_T
                        Terry

Comment

Hey this is Hannah from addictionfx If You buy in bulk we will ALWAYS give you a discounted price wether it be on shipping or the product or both. WE are the cheapest and have very good quality parts. I know there is somet things that we are still trying to get but we did just get 1215's in and we are getting bassplates and keeper bars by the end of the month <3

Comment

Well Hello Hanna. I can attest to the parts I will be using there 49.2 plates as they are pretty dang close to PAF plates. I use there screws slugs and Mags as well. Shameless plug for them here.
                            Shut up and play

Peace and Tone The Rain Mann

Comment

Hey Hannah, I've ordered some bucker bars from you guys a bunch of times and always been really happy. I was going to get some more the other day but I noticed you have a thing on paypal saying you won't ship overseas anymore (I live in England). Is that rule set in stone? I'd rather pay the extra shipping and have your mags, besides, my other choice is mojo who's shipping is much more than yours!

Comment

Working...
                              X