How To Make P/Us-Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Make P/Us-Videos

This thread is for Video Links, for how to make Pickups.
    If you come up with a good YouTube Vid of how to make pickups, list them here.
    Here's some Seymour Duncan Vids for introduction to Winding.
    You can see a lot of the process, though not real specific.
    YouTube - How to Make a Pickup Part 1
    YouTube - How to Make a Pickup Part 2
    YouTube - How to Make a Pickup Part 3
    We will add more Vids to this Thread as we find them.
    Thanks,
    Terry
    Last edited by big_teee; 03-17-2011, 08:30 PM. Reason: Change Title
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Cool vids. Any idea what kind of gauss meter that is at 6:34 of the first video? Alot of good info there. Man, I used to prop my guitar up against my amp all the time. Never thought about demagnetising. Do they use any special type of lacquer for coating their bobbins? I just use Krylon spray, but maybe dipping is better? Thanks Terry.

Video 2 shows a lot of wire with different coatings. Plain enamal, formvar etc. I've seen ads about plain enamel that say: RARE, buy it while it lasts. At a premium price. Is there a significant difference in the varnish / enamel from the 50s and now? Or is it really running out fast !? I can't imagine it would matter as much as the varnish from a 17th century violin.
    Last edited by Danelectron; 03-18-2011, 03:12 AM. Reason: additional question

Comment

They always say a picture is worth a thousand words.
      Here's another vid. This one is more like what some of us do.
      We all do things a bit different, but it's a real good example of the process, for Single Coils.
      YouTube - Homemade Pickups: Start to Finish
      Check out the old Sewing Machine, and the old Calculator, for a counter.
      Terry
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

It's my understand the plain enamel wire is still made... but since it's not used in large amounts within industries it still remains more expensive.
        Premier guitar needs to get a new interview guy... I've seen that guy before and EVERY time he drives me NUTS! lol
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by verhoevenc View Post
          It's my understand the plain enamel wire is still made... but since it's not used in large amounts within industries it still remains more expensive.
          Premier guitar needs to get a new interview guy... I've seen that guy before and EVERY time he drives me NUTS! lol
          Chris
          PE is still available.
          I got Mine from MWS in California.
          The Good News, They have reasonable prices on all their wires.
          The Bad News PE is sold in 5 Pound Rolls.
          Copper Wire Manufacturer, Specialty Wire Manufacturer
          Later,
          Terry
          Terry

Comment

PE is still available.
            I guess I assumed someone is making it. I gots a quote the other day from MWS and there is only a few dollars difference per pound between HFV and PE. The ones hyping the rarity are charging almost double. Ditto on the interview guy. Wasn't he in Flock o' seagulls?

Just watched the homemeade pu video. Pretty good. I like his little vacuum chamber.
            Last edited by Danelectron; 03-18-2011, 10:04 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

+1 for this guy, he is great!!

Comment

I think your referring to the last vid?
                I liked it also.
                That's where I learned how to bevel my single coil Mags.
                T
                Terry

Comment

Oh, yeah. I guess I forgot to specify. Yes, it's PartScavenger's video that helped me a lot as well.

Comment

Here is a good reference Vid on how to add and remove Humbucker metal covers.
                    Submitted by Possum at SD Pickups.
                    SAFE HUMBUCKER COVER REMOVAL - YouTube
                    Good Luck,
                    Terry
                    Terry

Comment

Working...
                    X