Dremel coil winder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dremel coil winder?

Hey guys I am new here and trying to get myself into the winding. I am considering building a coil winder with a mechanical counter and dremel tool to power the winder. Maybe Ill use one of those router regulators from harbor freight to keep the speeds a little lower. What do you think?
    Last edited by lespaul123; 03-18-2011, 07:28 PM.

Dremels turn extremely fast - 5000 rpm to 35000 ,& speed with very little power ....try a oscillating fan or something
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Agreed, I don't think a dremel would work very well at all. You could als try to go to a thrift store and get an old used sewing machine you can use the motor from.

Comment

You can certainly use a pair of pulleys to bring a Dremel tool into winding action. Dremels with VS start at 5000 rpm no load but they have hardly any torque at that speed so a 1:10 reduction would work fine for you IF that's all you have to work with and you live on a desert island that sells pulleys. The Sewing machine motor will also need pulleys as it's nearly in the same category of motor. I use 1:6 reduction on my sewer.

Comment

Working...
        X