I've had several as a result of a winder from HELL. I used the thread bobbin holder and sewing machine motor as the driven and driver and ended up with a 1 to 1 drive ratio. When you put the pedal down it was off to the races. If anything happened there was wire all over the place. Then, of course, it went so fast it shredded rubber bands and threw rubber particulate all over the place. Then the rubber band would break so I would have to stretch a new one over the spool and run it up and over the bobbin (try that one at 3:00am). Talk about scatter wound. It's amazing I ended up with anything that sounded good at all. But then again that could be one of those magical mojo things that I'll never get back when I finish my new improved winder. Ahh, noobness is bliss.