Need Sunn Concert output transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Sunn Concert output transformer

Howdy folks. new here. so my sunn concert bass needs a replacement output transformer. is there a new replacement available somehow, or is this something i need to pilfer from another sunn concert?
    i appreciate any info.
    thanks
    --Blastoff

Being solid state, the Sunn Concert series does not have an output transformer. It does however have a driver transformer (10 wires) that can be obtained from Mercury Magnetics. There are two different power transformers that were used. The first has 8 wires, the second has 5 wires. To replace the first type would probably take a re-wind, a custom made transformer or 3 off the shelf transformers. You can probably find an off the shelf replacement for the newer 5 wire unit. For Power transformers, comments apply to 120V 60Hz units that were intended for use in the USA. I'm not aware of any units with universal primaries or 220/240V 50Hz units that may have been made for export.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
    X