Stacked Humbucker for Tele Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cenizasblancas View Post
    Ahhh sorry i was thinking that the David single blade design was hum cancelling. I was thinking in making a blade pickup (2 blade or 1 blade) with 2 sound (tapped), one like fast track 1 of dimarzio with a single coil sound and the other like the pro track (dimarzio), but i don´t know where to start, wire, turn... the particularity
    of the pro track, is when to put in parallel it sound more like a paf, and this what i want, 2 different guitar sounds in the same guitar.

Juan
    If you want humcanceling you need 2 bobbins.
    Either stacked or side by side blades.
    That gets more complicated.
    You can try the stacked design that rob did earlier in the thread.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I do believe David's blade pickup ( the one in the pic made from copper clad) is humcanceling .
      Any pickup with the poles like blade,screw poles,slugs or alnico rods will work as a stack design ,They have to be through both coils & if magnets are not used in the coils (like a blade or screws ) then you need magnets on the bottom pole pieces like in David's photo
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
        I do believe David's blade pickup ( the one in the pic made from copper clad) is humcanceling .
        Any pickup with the poles like blade,screw poles,slugs or alnico rods will work as a stack design ,They have to be through both coils & if magnets are not used in the coils (like a blade or screws ) then you need magnets on the bottom pole pieces like in David's photo
        Thanks Copper, I didn't see both coils.
        I thought it was a single coil.
        Your correct just use 2 coils and a longer blade.
        Thanks,
        T
        PS:
        I'm sitting here playing my new stacked strat pickup.
        I really like it.
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

However, I don't understand how the bottom coil works in reverse polarity, when the bar is the same polarity from top to bottom.
          With the alnico rod, half is north and half is south.
          Copper have you tried the design like Davids?
          T
          Terry

Comment

I'm sitting here playing my new stacked strat pickup.
            I really like it.
            Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
              Thanks!
              That is still a great one to start on for stacked pickups.
              If you are going to build a blade design, I would just stick with the dual blade mini.
              With the stacked alnico rod design most of the guys using it, are trying to keep with a pickup that looks like a regular single coil rod pickup.
              If your using blades your not concerned with it fitting a certain look, just go with the dual blade bucker.
              They sound as good or better than a stack anyway.
              So good luck with whatever you decide.
              Terry

Comment

I´m looking for more versatility, i had 2 blade pickup and i was happy with them, i sell them because i was looking more vintage sound, now i want vintage sound and more!! so i´m going to build the blade pickup version.

Thanks

Juan

Comment

I´m looking for more versatility, i had 2 blade pickup and i was happy with them, i sell them because i was looking more vintage sound, now i want vintage sound and more!! so i´m going to build the blade pickup version.

Thanks

Juan
                  Keep us posted how it turns out.
                  We are interested in all the particulars, and if possible your pictures?
                  Terry

Comment

We are interested in all the particulars, and if possible your pictures?
                    mine... or the pickup i´m going to build?? ja ja

when it begins to build not worry I will document everything in the forum, I have nothing to hide.

Juan

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                      Copper have you tried the design like Davids?
                      T
                      Yes I have & it was the first stack I've ever made .
                      if I remember correctly it was more heavier tone compared to a stack with Alnico rods
                      I guess it would be same as any pickup with Rods vs Blades .
                      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
                      X