Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender bandmaster

So,
    I have a 1968 fender bandmaster that I purchased all original. After some problems, I had a certified tech replace all the tubes, caps, resistors, and the transformer. It was working and sounding amazing. This past friday I had a gig where the venue would not allow me to use my own cab and so instead of using my matched bandmaster cab, I was forced to use a marshall which had an 8ohm and 16 ohm plug. I was told by the stage tech which one to use and I turned on my amp and everytime and as soon as I started strumming my guitar, it started to fuzz pretty significantly. I changed cables, bipassed my pedal board, and eventually had to borrow a JCM800 from another band. I'm wondering if maybe plugging into the wrong ohms could have cause this or maybe it was just jostled too much between loading in?

I believe that Bandmaster has a 4 Ohm output impedance so you need to use a 4 Ohm cabinet. If you plugged it into the 16 Ohm jack that would most likely be a problem. It might be ok on the 8 Ohm jack. It is generally not good for a tube amp to run into an unmatched load of higher impedance.

Either this stage "tech" doesn't have a clue or doesn't care.

Does your amp work ok now when plugged into its own cabinet?

Comment

Working...
    X