Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celestion V-30 clone on Ebay, check this out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loaded one up....

I also bought one of these V30 clones from Warehouse Speakers. I put it into a 1x12 closed-back cab and I _really_ like it. I used to have a G12M from Celestion in that cab and I loved everything from the mids on up, but it lacked bass to my ears. Right out of the box, this V30 clone seems just right. The bass is there now and the upper midrange just shines.

I'd like to see this guy succeed too. His communications were prompt and pleasant. Shipping was quick and the speaker came double boxed. Nice guy - nice speaker - and the price is so low!

As for the name, well, I wouldn't have picked Warehouse Speakers either, but I doubt he'll have a problem if he keeps making such a good product for these prices. I would still love this speaker if he called his business SuckTone Speaker Garage. :-)

If you're looking for a quality, V30-ish speaker on the cheap - this is probably hard to beat.
    Ed
    www.PhilosoPhrets.com

Comment

Hey Ed,
      These seem to be good speakers. I'ver broken mine in and they sound darn good, so good that I sold off all my vintage 30's and now just use these.

I'll bet this guy will run out after a while and you won't get the same speaker when he does. he will have new ones made that may not be the same. These have actual real celestion frames as well as the paper. Magnet looks just a tad bit bigger than the celestion vintage 30 but these seem smoother to my ears than a real vintage 30.

Let us know what you think after you break it in.

SLO...

Comment

i bought a pair of the vintage ones. $61 and some change. i'll let you know how my marshall and mesa like 'em.

Comment

listen

to a 2x12 with my jcm800 and these vintage 30 clones. these are not broken in yet.

http://www.anniemac.info/sounds/vint...0%20clones.mp3

Comment

Originally posted by gtrboy View Post
            to a 2x12 with my jcm800 and these vintage 30 clones. these are not broken in yet.

http://www.anniemac.info/sounds/vint...0%20clones.mp3
            That's what I call "CRUNCHY!"

Sounds good. I'm loving my single V30 clone. Nice punch in the upper mids. A great bargain!

Ed
            www.PhilosoPhrets.com

Comment

I can't tell diddly squat what the actual speaker sounds like from that noise. ha ha ha
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

got two coming on Monday...maybe as good as Mojo's BV30-V?...I REALLY like that in my Lion VII.

specs look similar.

Comment

I like the BV30V a lot too.
                  However, I ordered some of these inexpensive speakers too, especially after talking with David in emails and he adjusted the shipping price to a much better level for me.
                  I have a funny feeling they might be made by the same company that was making the MOJO BV speakers.... or maybe the same parts....I don't know that of course but I have bought, used and sold close to 100 of the MOJO BV series speakers and you'd think I should be able to tell something when I get mine.
                  Bruce

Mission Amps
                  Denver, CO. 80022
                  www.missionamps.com
                  303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
                    I can't tell diddly squat what the actual speaker sounds like from that noise. ha ha ha

its ted nugent from the damn yankees days... dont tread. too buzzy/bright?

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered me a couple.

It looks like he has his company label on them now.
                      -Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
                        I like the BV30V a lot too.
                        However, I ordered some of these inexpensive speakers too, especially after talking with David in emails and he adjusted the shipping price to a much better level for me.
                        I have a funny feeling they might be made by the same company that was making the MOJO BV speakers.... or maybe the same parts....I don't know that of course but I have bought, used and sold close to 100 of the MOJO BV series speakers and you'd think I should be able to tell something when I get mine.

Hey Bruce,
                        Please keep us updated on these speakers when you get them. I keep wondering what the real story is on these. They sound great and I wonder what company made these for for what amp before the guy selling on Ebay got them.

The metal frames on mine had celestion on them and then some one grinded the celestion name off. So I'm guessing they are celestion for the most part but the magnets are a slight bit bigger than the real V30.

On a side note I've broken mine in and they sound good so I'm happy with them. I've had lots of celestions in the past and these sound really good to my ears.

SLO

Comment

Just got 'em in and have 'em in-parallel on a 9vac filament transformer...probably bump up to 12vac in a couple of hours.

They have a removeable rubber gasket on the backside of the frame...pretty nice. However, the main gasket is quite thick.....gonna have to get another bolt about 1/8 - 1/4 longer for one of the t-nuts....apparently one is a bit too short (Avatar cabinet).

Don't sound as close to the BV30V as I had thought..They seem rather bright..but breakin should help a bit.

Comment

Just messin' with ya.
                            I have to listen to speaker with a pretty clean amp to tell what the speaker sounds like... with too much distortion it's just WAY too easy to mask the sound of an amp, speaker, tubes or even a guitar and pickups.
                            Bruce

Mission Amps
                            Denver, CO. 80022
                            www.missionamps.com
                            303-955-2412

Comment

Brush some acetone on the speaker paper around the surround and down about 2 inches but don't get it on the dust cover over the voice coil.
                              A couple wet coats over a 5 min period should help loosen it up a bit faster.
                              Bruce

Mission Amps
                              Denver, CO. 80022
                              www.missionamps.com
                              303-955-2412

Comment

will using the acetone make the surround-doping gummy/sticky?

Gotta pickup another RatShack answering-machine power-supply (120vac - 9/11/12vac) as mine gave up the ghost..... ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X