Mid Frequencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Frequencies

This may seem like a daft question but on amps such as Peavey "Steel" series such as the "Nashville" and Vegas and even the special 130 which I know is not a "Steel" amp but they all have a mid shift control which goes up to 1-1.5 kHz. My question is, what is the standard frequency of an amp without the mid shift for amps such as the Bandit or even Fender amps? Is there a standard?
    Cheers Dave.

Download the tonestack simulator from Duncan's Amp Pages

I think it comes with standard Fender and Marshall values, and lets you play around all day and night.

I dont think there is a 'standard' but with a 'way off' tone stack you might not sound like most people think of guitar...

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey 1047 View Post
      This may seem like a daft question but on amps such as Peavey "Steel" series such as the "Nashville" and Vegas and even the special 130 which I know is not a "Steel" amp but they all have a mid shift control which goes up to 1-1.5 kHz. My question is, what is the standard frequency of an amp without the mid shift for amps such as the Bandit or even Fender amps? Is there a standard?
      Cheers Dave.
      Depends on what tone you're after. Most of the 80s high gain mods I've simulated in LT Spice seem to go for a target frequency of 800Hz - 1kHz, then shelve everything else around that center frequency.
      Jon Wilder
      Wilder Amplification

Originally posted by m-fine
      I don't know about you, but I find it a LOT easier to change a capacitor than to actually learn how to play well
      Originally posted by JoeM
      I doubt if any of my favorite players even own a soldering iron.

Comment

Working...
      X