Info on old Randall amp head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on old Randall amp head

I just picked up a Randall XP Series Snakeskin amp head. I'm trying to find out any info on it but can not find anything online. I emailed the US Music Corp and they said that it was made before they bought the company. All they could tell me was that it's approx 30 years old. Does anyone know anything more about this amp head? Anything that i can look at online?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Is it any relation to the RG 100ES / RG 80 series? I have schemo for that. Wasnt there an RG 100 es xp? Does it have four 2N6254 in the power amp?

Afterthought: is it the one with a treble boost footswtich?

Comment

Here is picture of it. I don't know anything about it.

Comment

See if this helps. It may not.

One other thought. The amp might have a paper sticker on the side of the chassis with the full model name, build date, etc. You have to pull the chassis out to see this, however.

Last thought. By the way, the snakeskin tolex is great, isn't it? Boo-ya.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by JHow; 04-05-2011, 10:37 PM. Reason: anothe rthought...

Comment

Yea it looks great! Is there any cab you suggest for this head?

Comment

I had a half stack similar to that, except the head didn't have the badge under the Randall name plate. It had a matching slanted front snakeskin cab with it, so I'd assume that's the cab you'd want! I don't think it's 30 years old, though... But I could be wrong. I remember seeing a full stack, snakeskin covered amp brand new for sale in the early to mid 90's.

Comment

Working...
            X