Paraffin wax heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paraffin wax heater

Does anyone know of a good electric paraffin wax heater to use for potting? All the ones I've found are for cosmetic use and it looks like they're intended to heat cans of a certain brand. I'm looking for one that will just melt blocks of paraffin wax or beeswax.

I'm trying not to involve my kitchen stove. It's... an insanely unreliable, scary stove.

What do you use?

Originally posted by kelcy View Post
    Does anyone know of a good electric paraffin wax heater to use for potting? All the ones I've found are for cosmetic use and it looks like they're intended to heat cans of a certain brand. I'm looking for one that will just melt blocks of paraffin wax or beeswax.

I'm trying not to involve my kitchen stove. It's... an insanely unreliable, scary stove.

What do you use?
    If you do a search on potting pickups, you should get several threads that have been posted in the recent past.
    I've seen threads on Crock Pots, Vegatable steamers, etc.
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

I use a double boiler. The hot water will reach 100 degrees Celcius and steam can get much hotter so I use a meat thermometer . Once the stuff liquefies you can keep it at a fairly constant 70 degrees with a bit of stirring and taking it out of the hot water if it's getting above 80 degrees. The double boiler cost five bucks at a junk store and it works fine for my needs. I don't pot a lot of pickups and I don't pot anything under vacuum pressure like some folks do.

Comment

Working...
      X