Homemade winder video and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade winder video and questions

I found this YouTube - Homemade Guitar Pickup Winder on youtube and I think I might go this route when making my own winder.

I have many questions, though. He does not appear to be adjusting the speed with the on the drill itself. Is there a way that the speed of the drill could be controlled with a foot pedal? Is there a way I could hook it up to something like an old guitar volume pedal? If so, explain it to me like I'm a five year old!

Also, how would the sensor and calculator be hooked up together?

I'm not in a hurry, but I am broke and I don't know much. Everything I know about electronics so far is isolated to guitar pickups. So, making a winder seems like a whole other thing. I'm not too intimidated by it, I just need to know what connects to what.

same here mate, im doing an attempt to build a pickup winder out of a bedroom fan, i basicly ripped all the guts out of it and im trying to convert it somehow, ive hit a few snags as i want to rip the stock selector switch out and add a light dimmer for better speed control and somehow wire in an electronic counter and deadswitch.

best of luck mate with ya project.

Comment

Working...
    X