Newbies beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbies beware

Don't ask any dumb questions here. They may not be dumb to you but to a few resident experts they probably will be and they will promptly berate you in the ground for asking such a silly question.

And please bring your common sense with you as well, not having any is a crime here and you will be immediately told so if it is thought by some that you may be lacking.

The intelligence police are watching you

there are no dumb questions when it comes to PU making...IMHO.

Don't take it personally.
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

liten uppppp

you're not a newbie, you sell pickups, you learned something right? everyone here gets a little prodding from time to time, get tough, do ten pushups and come back in the morning :-)
      http://www.SDpickups.com
      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

P.S.

I had a cool lady I knew once had me make a graphic design for a button she wore everywhere, it said "I YELL BECAUSE I CARE..." Get it?
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I recently spoke to a friend of mine who knows more about Fender and Gibson pickups than anyone here. He tunes in to this forum every so often and told me that he found it to be a wealth of information. He feels that he is able to benefit from this forum so what's your problem Ben?
          Some of us here know all about your history and some of us here have defended you through thick and thin. You were a Newbie once and you pickup up stuff off this and the previous forum. But like Possum says, you're no Newbie now and I feel that it's OK to look out for better parts but just get on and cope with what you have for now.
          If you feel like I have insulted you, well sorry. I give out plenty of sound advice on here so ignore it at your peril. I only have a limited patience with people who ignore sound advice.
          sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Sorry. I guess I was having a bad day. When i get like that everything I hear seems to be something against me.

Also the advice is and will be taken and put to use, thanks.. I just never used any other bobbins but GJ and didnt know there were so many differences in them. His were tight enough to hold the screws but not so tight you couldnt get them in. Thats all I have known so forgive me when I sounded like a dipshit about the AP bobbins not fitting the pole pieces. As far as making my own stuff I just dont have the room for the equipment. I have a ton of ideas but nothing to make them happen. I guess my local machine shop could help me out a bit, well that and a bigger place to work.
            Thank and cheers......Cheerio

Comment

Working...
            X