Help with Peavey XR8300 powerd PA head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Peavey XR8300 powerd PA head

I have an XR8300 here, all the LEDs come on except the signal lights when you turn it on and stay on. Also the "signal and effects input clip light still works with it's switch.

Amp has no output, swapping the power amp board with another unit leaves the same result meaning the issue is with the front panel assembly and or cable. Checked all the diodes, most caps, built a wire harness to the power amp as the original was scrapped through on one lead and may have shorted out.

Probably out of my league here now as it's mostly SMD stuff I'm ill equipped to repair.

Any thoughts appreciated! The Peavey guys thought it had to be a regulator on the main power board, but as the board works with other front panels this doesn't pan out.

Thanks

David

What about the power supply voltages? Are they all where they should be? Are they all getting to the preamp board?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratjeep View Post
      I have an XR8300 built a wire harness to the power amp as the original was scrapped through on one lead and may have shorted out.
      David
      This may be a good clue.
      What is the lead function & what did it short to?

Comment

Hi.
        Does anyone have a schematic for this unit plz?!!

Comment

Yes, Peavey has it. COntact customer service there.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X