Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob looking for side-by-side-Strat size bobbins

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get some side-by-side-Strat size bobbins ala twin blade designs like Bardens, Duncan rails, etc. Anyone know of a source? Thank you!

There are several sources in Korea and China. But you will have to buy at least 200 of them.

I got some from Sanhe

Here's one style:

SANHE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT CO., LTD.

Another style:

SANHE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT CO., LTD.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thank you David!!!

Comment

You dont have to go overseas
        Mojotone Strat Blade Bridge Pickup Bobbin Black
        & heres the tele
        Mojotone Tele Blade Bridge Pickup Bobbin Black
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          Do they have any of the supporting parts?
          Blades, etc. ?
          Not sure what all it would take to make a blade Pickup for a strat.
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

No i don't see any blades on there site or the base plate with a large rectangle hole or a dual slotted hole

Comment

No i don't see any blades on there site or the base plate with a large rectangle hole or a dual slotted hole
              So what are the parts list of a Blade Strat Pickup?
              You need 2 bobbins 2 blades a baseplate.
              And what about the magnets?
              I'm getting real curious.
              Lots of folks want noiseless strat pickups.
              Terry
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

The magnet in some of the ones i seen & the one i made were C8
                2.33"long x .300"wide x .195" thick

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the Mojo parts are the same as the corean made parts disussed in the other thread as they are identical as far as I can tell from the picuters to the bobbins I got from Paxphil. I had steel blades done for those bobbins, so if you only need a few let me know and I send you a couple. If you need more we can do business

Comment

If you're going solid, making the blades shouldn't be too tough. Like a pain in the butt acoustic saddle, I would think. Once you laminate they can be a pain, and if you're using flatwork instead of a bobbin then that part can be a pain. For the price of some basic harbor freight tooling, you should be good to go.

Comment

Thats the same parts. But I paid about a quarter of that price. But I had to get 100. I went in with someone else. Nice to see they are available though.

Mojo does not have the blades or other parts. The same is true for the PAF size blade humbucker. They have the bobbins, and that's about it.

Their parts guy left. I have emailed them to show them the parts they need to get to complete these sets.

I see they have a lot of new pickup covers!
                      Last edited by David Schwab; 04-16-2011, 05:56 AM.
                      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
                        If you're going solid, making the blades shouldn't be too tough. Like a pain in the butt acoustic saddle, I would think. Once you laminate they can be a pain, and if you're using flatwork instead of a bobbin then that part can be a pain. For the price of some basic harbor freight tooling, you should be good to go.
                        They aren't hard at all to make.

Here's a set of those Strat bobbins. I put them in closed covers, so I don't care about the looks.

Comment

Working...
                        X