Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series Effect Loop schematic

Hi all,

I'm hoping to install a basic passive series effects loop for my amp. The amp is a Carlsbro 50 Top (no master volume). I have located the correct place for the send/return break (where the pre amp goes off to the coupling cap), would anyone have a schematic or any tips for the wiring?

I have searched for around but haven't found anything so far but have a rough idea of what's required. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tim

For a basic unbuffered loop, the wire carrying the signal to the phase inverter gets disconnected and now goes to a simple P10 jack(unswitched) - that's effects send. This same wire is also connected to the switch on another P10 jack(Effects return). It will continue to work normally until you plug something into the return.

Grounds are connected together to your star ground.

The return P10 tip should be hooked up to the phase inverter, where you disconnected the initial wire. Note that it will make contact with the previous signal wire when you remove a plug. That is the braindead effects loop. For optimal results, you should buffer the send and probably decouple the return from a possible DC potential from pedals.

See Effects Loop Truths, by Kevin O'Connor for excruciating detail.
    Valvulados

Comment

Working...
    X