X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refreshing post to say the least.
    Thanks.

Comment

Neat post, riz. Thanks for taking the time to share.
      Valvulados

Comment

I've been trying to quit smoking, and the media's been wierding me out... Don't usually get too personal on these forums, but, oh well, I'm a wack-job this week! Apologies if I came off like a dick to anybody on this thread... didn't mean it like that!!
        Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Originally posted by riz View Post
          I've been trying to quit smoking, and the media's been wierding me out... Don't usually get too personal on these forums, but, oh well, I'm a wack-job this week! Apologies if I came off like a dick to anybody on this thread... didn't mean it like that!!
          That makes two of us. Since this Saturday, staying strong so far.

I'm also posting more than usual, staying by the forum more and having interesting discussions. I've even received support from two other members when I said I quit smoking, that was neat.

Stay strong and stay focused, when you doubt, just know quitting smoking is totally worth it. I don't bug anyone about smoking, but if someone asks me whether it's worth it, I say HELL YEAH. May the force be with you.

EDIT: The reason I know it's totally worth it is I've quit in the past and my life quality totally improved. Last year due to some unexpected events, I fell back.
          Valvulados

Comment

Been there too, quitting before... And yeah, it's good! Hard to remember at the moment, but this week is all about finding the strength again. I think I started torturing myself on Sunday or Monday... I know I have to do it, just finding the trick to get myself into it. Last time I had alcohol, and I rewarded myself for not smoking by getting loaded every night. I don't do that anymore, so I think I decided today to spend more time building pedals, as a way to keep learning, and that outta keep my pea-brain focused on something for a while until my nerves calm down again! jmaf--back at ya-- stay strong, hang in there, we'll be through it soon enough!
            Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Good luck, I don't know anyone who has regretted quitting smoking.
              One time, when working on an old Big Muff, I noticed a profound difference in sound when I changed a piece of wire for another.
              In many circuits, the position of the wiring makes a difference to the sound. It's not what the wire is made of and how much it cost per foot, it's how long it is, and what other wires it's sitting next to. This is mostly an issue in tube amps, but I guess some high-gain distortion pedals might have a similar mojo going on.
              "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Been there too, quitting before... And yeah, it's good! Hard to remember at the moment, but this week is all about finding the strength again. I think I started torturing myself on Sunday or Monday... I know I have to do it, just finding the trick to get myself into it. Last time I had alcohol, and I rewarded myself for not smoking by getting loaded every night. I don't do that anymore, so I think I decided today to spend more time building pedals, as a way to keep learning, and that outta keep my pea-brain focused on something for a while until my nerves calm down again! jmaf--back at ya-- stay strong, hang in there, we'll be through it soon enough!
                That sounds great, crank out pedals every time you feel like smoking.

There was a cartoon on Reddit a few days back, it showed the circle of addiction. The day you don't smoke, you drink. The day you don't drink, you overeat. The day you don't overeat you .....and so on....

Thanks too. Stay strong, remember it's worth it - don't doubt.
                Valvulados

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
                  Good luck, I don't know anyone who has regretted quitting smoking.

Sounds like you might know what you're talking about!

In many circuits, the position of the wiring makes a difference to the sound. It's not what the wire is made of and how much it cost per foot, it's how long it is, and what other wires it's sitting next to. This is mostly an issue in tube amps, but I guess some high-gain distortion pedals might have a similar mojo going on.
                  I think I have a ways to go to TOTALLY agree with that. And that's because of my relative inexperience. But I'm working on it. I just haven't shown myself the proof yet, that's all. It's nothing more than a curious phenomenon to me, I don't believe in wire faeries. And BTW, whatever "mojo" is (I think it's meaning has morphed a bit lately...), Big Muffs have it in spades, if you get an old one with a good wiring layout...

EDIT: I'm trying to figure out how to do the fancy quoting... whoops!

Comment

the smell of the cork ain't as nice as the buzz
                    QFT.

- Scott

Comment

...My music rocks. I have long hair and don't bathe everyday.....
                      I literally registered so I can reply with this awesome quote!!
                      Secondly,
                      I have a 71 Super Lead that I just swapped a Boogie MKIII for. I'm a little concerned because the OT doesn't seem to be original, seems vintage but not original, It's really hard to identify. Also, the amp is one of those Super Bass versions BUT with the sticker over the BASS part so...the PT is 1209-3 which is oversized and a drake I believe and I guess common with the Super Bass. The serial number dates to 71 and the tag board, mustard caps..etc look true to the time period. However there is a nice
                      clear as day 8/**/75 stamp on the chassis near the inspection sticker (sticker is 99% illegible). The knobs are not original, there is a hole in the head case that is filled and covered with proper tolex, a master volume mod (done well but I don't care for it) and a 100w/50w tube switch..switch out......So,
                      I'm a little nerved. There was no mention of the aftermarket OT or 1975 stamp..so I might call this guy and get my Boogie back. What do you guys think? It is essentially a 71 Marshall and it will get the arm hair standing in no time.
                      ??

Comment

If you *like* it....keep it. Those old Superleads were prolly the most modded and screwed with amps ever made, so buyer beware. But....I'd take a superlead in any condition over a Booger any day....
                        The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Working...
                        X