• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you're feeling better soon Enzo.

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
      This from Mrs enzo,

"I warned him that after 2 weeks ill then one week plus in hospital, he would be exhausted- he wanted to do errands on way home, instead, he mostly stayed in the car. he's adjusting now, his oxygen generator sounds like Darth Vader..."
      Thanks for the heads up Tubeswell and for the record Enzo calls her Wenzo.
      Not sure she knows that or is cool with it but that's what he told me so I'm sticking to it.
      KB

Comment

She calls herself wenzo too ;-)

'nother update (earlier today):

"he's still pretty week - I looked back, and he's been seriously ill since the beginning of April. I take himout daily for a couple of hours, he's got his first followup at general practioner tomorrow. I'm still driving him around, we're closely monitoring his meds, diet, weight and O2 levels. he's not logged online, or even called his sisters yet. he's getting better slowly though. I've been letting him know /reading specific messages, he misses all of you, too."
        Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
          I've been letting him know /reading specific messages, he misses all of you, too."
          Of course he misses us... We're the bee's knees. But really... He misses us because he's the most dedicated poster on this forum. Just look at how many posts he has. More than anyone else I think. He's certainly a teacher here. Read his posts and you can imagine a room full of ignoramuses like me actually learning. Might have to pursue a new calling when he's up and around... Nah, Teaching doesn't pay that well. Who'd give up a lucrative career in electronics repair
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

So it appears that Wife Enzo is filtering our messages.
            Heh. Heh.
            I wonder what the criterion is to get through.
            It appears that now there is an Enzo Get Well Spam Filter.
            Maybe try that HTML background trick.
            Enzo Get Well Soon. Enzo Get Well Soon. Enzo Get Well Soon.Enzo Get Well Soon.Enzo Get Enzo Get Well Soon.Well Soon.Enzo Get Well Soon.Enzo Get Well Soon.Enzo Get Well Soon.Enzo Get Well Soon.Enzo Get Well Soon.Enzo Get Well Soon.Enzo Get Well Soon.

We're cheering for you buddy.

Comment

Hope you're doing well Enzo. Your posts have always been extremely helpful and enlightening. I genuinely appreciate the accruing archive of advice, suggestions, and humor which you ritually impart. Your thorough explanations and positive attitude to coaching the "in-over-their-head" DIYer has helped many amps get back on stage where they should be.

This is totally irrelevant, but take it for what its worth. I wouldn't have begun the process of teaching myself any diagnostic techniques or design theory if it were not for your posts to other users. Now I do private work for multiple touring bands in my area. It's a pretty good feeling to have people call me first about questions they have or to verify another sources advice. If I can help them, which I'll always try to, I make sure to give them honest, relevant, and supportive advice to lead them to making informed choices for themselves about gear. That's how you handle answering questions, and I make sure I do the same now to help people understand what they can about how their instrument functions and its potential when working properly.

You've provoked endless reading for me to keep up with on some of the more mathematically focused threads you'd attributed to, but I'm really starting to wrap my head around some of the more advanced fundamental concepts necessary in the pursuance of a career. When I do get my first employment opportunity I'll have you to thank for starting me off.

Get well soon,
              -Rob Gee

Comment

Enzo - get well buddy and we are all keeping you in our thoughts............

God heals, and the doctor takes the fees

Comment

Get well soon!

I'd love to be more original, but I don't want to sound like a eulogy!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Enzo and Wenzo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	820717

Enzo may shoot me for this but here's a shot of Enzo and Wenzo

Get well Enzo !
                    KB

Comment

hopefully, his spirits are as high as they were in that photo KB. if so then he will no doubt recover in good time!

Comment

No wonder Enzo is always so helpful and giving... He's Santa Claus... Think about it. Have you ever seen the two of them in the same place at the same time???

Great pic.
                        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Enzo, your beard is bitchin.

-Rob Gee

Comment

Better late than never. Enzo I hope you're feeling better, and I really appreciate all the help you've provided this forum over the years.
                            Hopefully, all they had to do was replace your fuse.

Comment

Man, for a second there I thought that was a pic of Bob Peeze.
                              That sure is one happy couple.
                              Rock On Enzo & Wenzo.
                              Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 05-05-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I thought from his avatar photo that he was clean shaven! Oh well, you can never trust these on line identities.

And it's not just us that miss him, every amp repair board on line is feeling the pain. I can't believe how many places the guy helps out.

Comment

Working...
                                X