Sozo Amplification / Slow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sozo Amplification / Slow ?

Why are they so slow ? Anyone else have problems getting caps from them. Who else sells them ?
    KB

Originally posted by Amp Kat View Post
    Why are they so slow ? Anyone else have problems getting caps from them. Who else sells them ?
    I ordered some blue caps from them once, didn't have to wait too long. Maybe they got swamped with orders. I don't know but that could be a one man operation. It's possible one man is rolling his own caps, taking the orders, packing the orders, shipping the orders, etc. Ever try to hand roll caps? I haven't either but if he got many orders, all at once, it could be a while.

Comment

they are out of stock on some caps at the moment and are trying to catch up . have you e-mailed them for an update?

Comment

Yes but I also read a thread here that said they don't return emails and they haven't returned mine. Hers the thread I read. Thought about getting the blue caps and didn't know they even made a higher grade and wonder how the difference sounds as opposed to the original Mustards. Guess all I can do is wait patiently but I'm an impatient person iyct.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t293/
        KB

Comment

Weber Speakers sells them as does The Tube Depot.
          Dave

Comment

I think Weber only sells the "mustard" caps, not the "blue".
            I tried to order some for a build a few weeks ago, and they said the .1uf were backordered until the 25th. Thought I'd try again next week.

Comment

I have the same problem with them. I ordered the SoZo blue caps on March 31. On April 6, I emailed to check on my order. No response. On my 3rd email I received this response:

As per our website, the .1’s are on back order. I will let you know when your order ships.
              Thank you,
              Lisa

The website then said they were on backorder until 4/25. Needless to say that date has come and gone. I have emailed numerous times and no response. I have even emailed them links to numerous forums where people are complaining about them ignoring their customers. I even sent an email asking them if they are still in business no response. They have offically lost my business, I filed a report with my credit card today. I will order Mallory 150's instead of the Sozo's. I really doubt the Sozo's would sound that much better anyway. In fact I don't know why I ever thought about paying the crazy price they were asking for them anyway. This is no way for a company to conduct business. The very least they could do is update the backorder status on their website. I really wonder what is going on with this company!

Comment

Well, my credit card credited my account back for my SoZo order tonight. That was quick. The credit card company originally said it would take up to 2 months to investigate. It ended up being only a few days! I ended up ordering CDE WMF series polyester film/foil capacitors. From my research they are the closest thing to the original blue molded Fender caps besides the SoZo's. I would still like to know what's up with the SoZo company. Very poor customer service, won't reply to email now and won't at the very least update the backorder status on their website. I wonder if they are still in business. If they are they probably won't be for long with that type of customer service!

Comment

When I bought some Sozo's, it was through PayPal payments. They still are linked to PayPal so they must still be in business. To have a PayPal account, you have to be tied to some checking or savings account at some other bank. They are at least still in business to get payments. On his 'contact' page, his phone number is there and says to call 10-3pm. Must be EST. Did you try to call during those hours? The number tracks to a cell phone.

(386) 503-9939
                  Line Type: Wireless

Comment

I suspect the main priority for them will be to get the bigger users stocked up again, i.e. 65Amps, Bogner, PRS etc
                    I have ~300 caps on back order with them at the moment and am still waiting.. Fortunately I am not desperate for them. yet

Comment

I don't want to elaborate much on this, but when I dealt with them over xmas Lisa indicated that there had been some health issues in their close family which had affected things.

It did take some serious bugging via email to get my order as well.

Sozos are nice for sure, but I also like Vishay/Ero 1813 series just as much.
                      HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Comment

Working...
                      X