Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know a good source for 5 string j bass pickup covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know a good source for 5 string j bass pickup covers?

Seems like most of the demand for custom basses is coming from the 5 string end. Plenty of suppliers like Mojo carry the 5 string bobbins, but the only places I've found for the JB5 covers are GJones,which from what I recall on this forum is no longer a going concern, and another place that' $5/pop. I'm looking at needing at least a dozen (6 sets), and would be more than willing to double that for a price break. I love Mojo, but why can't they offer covers to match bobbins they already sell?

They're really good at responding to emails. Have you tried contacting them? They add things on a regular basis and it might be in the works.

Comment

Mojo is sorting through some things... their pickup guy quit and wasn't done ordering parts. So they have things like closed Jazz neck pickup covers, and no bridge covers. But send them an email and tell them what you want.

Also if you email GJ they will give you a quantity price. I've bought a lot of covers from them.
      Last edited by David Schwab; 04-30-2011, 04:44 PM.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

The only one I know about is the un-drilled 4-1/16" long one from Daeil Chemical. No one in the States sells it so minimum order is going to be at least 100 pcs.
        I'd love it if Mojo would get them in but I haven't asked them. Mojo would probably sell them for $2.50 ea, about 25x the factory price.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          Also if you email GJ they will give you a quantity price. I've bought a lot of covers from them.
          Is GJ still doing business? I recall a thread a couple months back where everyone was saying they'd packed up and left people out to dry.

Comment

I believe GJ is still there, Pat came back in to salvage it after the other fellow dropped the ball last summer. I would suggest that you always CALL a small business rather than emailing them. You are much more likely to get satisfaction...

Comment

I just bought some covers from GJ last month.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

I sent Mojo an email, and they promptly responded (luv them guys) that they were looking to source the parts soon and would let me know when they start carrying them.

Comment

Mojo may be the friendliest company I've ever dealt with. I try to give them my business whenever possible.

Comment

I agree, Mojo is great to work with. I urge everyone to contact them with parts requests. I sent them links to all the Asian companies that make these parts, so hopefully they will really fill out their pickup parts selection.

There's a whole world of parts out there that we can't get from the usual sources, unless you want to buy in quantity. Which is fine, but I carry so many styles of pickups, and some don't sell as much as others, so I hate to have to get 200 pieces of each style cover.

Comment

I buy most of my parts from Mojo , & they are great to deal with
                      I have been talking to Andrew from Mojo about there parts (you can tell he's not a pickup guy ) but there probably is a guy in Dave's place now .Andrew said april 26th there would be a replacement
                      I have been looking for some nickel no-hole humbucker covers
                      I contacted guitar jones & guitarpartsresource several times about covers & i never even got a reply .....WTF
                      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                        I have been looking for some nickel no-hole humbucker covers
                        Humbucking Pickup Covers No Holes Nickel | Allparts.com

* WD Music Products - CLOSED METAL HUM COVER NICKEL

Comment

Working...
                        X