Motor for pickup winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor for pickup winder

I just came into possession of a fairly large electric motor and I was hoping one of you experienced guys here could tell me if it was any good for a winder. It came out of an industrial fan that I replaced for a friend. Here are the specs on the sticker:

0.9 Amps
    1400 RPM
    Thermally protected
    Sealed Ball Bearing

It's about 5 inches long without counting the shaft and a diameter of about 3 inches. Has about a 3 inch shaft and on the shaft side has 4 ears for mounting. Thanks, guys.

I forgot to mention it's 1/15 of a horsepower. Thanks guys.

Comment

I'm gonna build it up this weekend and see how it goes. I did do a search and didn't come up with any kind of a "right motor" for the job. I wasn't asking out of laziness.

Comment

That should be fine for a winder motor. It's about the right size, power and speed. It's probably a "universal" style motor, which means that you can control its speed reasonably well with a cheap lamp dimmer. A long motor like that is good because it has some distance between the bearings, which makes it more stable. Make up a wooden box-type mounting frame for it and put a faceplate directly on the shaft.

Comment

Working...
        X