Counter kit for less than $20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter kit for less than $20

Someone posted this on the MIMF forum this AM. I thought it might be a good alternative for the folks that like soldering stuff together or can't be bothered with ebay.

QKits Electronic Kits: FK936, 4 Digit Counter Kit

Neat! Thanks for that. Always looking for an improvement. Must be someway to hookup a circuit interrupt to turn off the winder. Looks like as long as you don't go above 9,999 counts your good. Of course you could just let it roll over.

Looks like a fun project regardless.

Side note: Sorry I didn't get a chance to come out the handmade instrument show. I was looking forward to seeing all the builders goods including yours. Hope it was fun!
    Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

I could be wrong ,I think Bill Scheltema of this forum uses one of those or one similar
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

hi, i use a similar counter from oz electronics. there is a seperate module that shuts the power down when it zero's out. works great!

Comment

Cool. It's been some time since I've overun the counts, but if your going to have a counter it seems natural to have a way to end at count. Any links to the module that does this? Thanks!
          A
          Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

I swear I put this in the coil winding section. My computer really hates this version of vBulletin...

It says it's "presetable" so a relay is all you'd need to cut power to the winder.

Magnut, I don't think you missed too much that was new this year. Same old same old. It was fun sitting between Saul Koll and Ralph Novak -serious dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
              I swear I put this in the coil winding section. My computer really hates this version of vBulletin...
              Fixed.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
              X