Madison Divinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madison Divinity

Looking for a schematic and service info for a Madison Divinity, thanks.

The early version was a copy of the Marshall DSL with relays for switching instead of LDR's and the power supply is wired wrong. The B+ for the preamp comes from the plate side of the choke instead of after the choke. That's why they hum like crazy. The Marshall was copied wrong! Below is the schematic Madison gave me which is clearly just an edited version of the pdf for the Ashton amp. The Madison was made in China by the same place that makes Randall, Egnater, and many other house brand amps.
    Jerry

http://www.fjamods.com/Temp/ashton_vp100.pdf

FJA Mods
    FJA YouTube
    FJA Facebook

Comment

thanks very much for the reply and info. The one I am working on is very quiet. Main problem was a cooked thermistor. The pwr tubes were installed without setting the bias and they were running extremely hot (which may have contributed to the thermistor failure). Now I am on the non-working reverb. The build quality is not too bad for a chinese amp, except for the "mystery box' scotch taped to the chassis that was not hooked up to anything. I threw that in a baggie to give to the owner. It had a small pwr supply and some chokes. the amp had a 12AX7 where the 12AT7 is supposed to be, and I left it that way after trying a 12AT7, it sounded lousy with the "correct" tube compliment.

Comment

The 12AT7's were an attempt to quiet the noise. Madison had no clue why the amps made noise. That amp should have all 12AX7's since the amp it copied used them. I've heard of a lot of problems with the bias trim pots on the Madison amps. I think the mystery box you're talking about is the power supply for the light up front panel in the headbox. If it's the early version the contour knobs are probably disconnected too.
        FJA Mods
        FJA YouTube
        FJA Facebook

Comment

All fixed now. The reverb problem was a bad cap in the recovery stage. I had to change some resistor values to get the reverb to sound halfway decent. The schematic was a huge help, thanks! This amp has the same preamp supply setup as noted above, however this one is quiet... Plate voltage on power tubes is 535 volts, and the preamp supply is 470 volts. total clean power was 135W @1khz into 4 ohms.

Comment

Certainly a lot of milage for that circuit...
            The Madison was made in China by the same place that makes Randall, Egnater, and many other house brand amps.
            http://music-electronics-forum.com/t24688/

Comment

That stupid light and power supply caused alot of hum in one I worked on.

I used a WalWart to power the light and it was dead quiet.

Comment

Working...
              X