Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many styles of winding P-90s are there?......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many styles of winding P-90s are there?......

how many different styles of winding p-90s are there?

for example: I am looking for a very vintage chicago blues type sound
    what winding style and details should I ask for?

what are the other options/styles when winding a p-90?

You are in the right place , just ask and one of the winders will punch " chicago blues " into his CNC winder and out it will pop , perfectly wound , perfect sound and heaps of human input....way better than those crappy sloppy handwounds..

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by mick View Post
      You are in the right place , just ask and one of the winders will punch " chicago blues " into his CNC winder and out it will pop , perfectly wound , perfect sound and heaps of human input....way better than those crappy sloppy handwounds..

Mick
      WTF?

Comment

Mick
        Hahahaha...

Comment

Just talk to whoever you want to wind your pickups , there's plenty of winders out there who should be able to chat with you regarding what you want , there's heaps of alternatives with it , you have mag choice A2 A3 A4 A5 etc output , wire type etc , any one of them should be able to advise and wind you something suitable , everybody,s pickups will no doubt sound a bit different to each other...just try and purchase from someone who will stand behind their work and offer some sort of options should you not be happy with your tone . a lot of winders seem to be going over to machine winding despite berating it in the past , thats what my previous post was getting at , sorry if it confused you...

Mick

Comment

Just talk to whoever you want to wind your pickups , there's plenty of winders out there who should be able to chat with you regarding what you want , there's heaps of alternatives with it , you have mag choice A2 A3 A4 A5 etc output , wire type etc , any one of them should be able to advise and wind you something suitable , everybody,s pickups will no doubt sound a bit different to each other...just try and purchase from someone who will stand behind their work and offer some sort of options should you not be happy with your tone . a lot of winders seem to be going over to machine winding despite berating it in the past , thats what my previous post was getting at , sorry if it confused you...

Mick
            Ok I got it now.
            they come up with a program to wind it the same way over and over.

for a true 50s vintage tone which mags and ohms do you guys like to use?

Comment

Originally posted by trioderob View Post
              Ok I got it now.
              they come up with a program to wind it the same way over and over.

for a true 50s vintage tone which mags and ohms do you guys like to use?
              For a 50's tone you have to use A3 really. If anyone tells you different just do what they do with the CNC winder...... Keep punching the information in!
              sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Working...
              X