Bugera 6262-212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 6262-212

First post. Sorry if this is redundant but I've searched the site and cant find a similar thread.

I was at a gig and my amp suddenly started loosing volume. I thought it was my effects processor (RP-1000), which I run through my effects loop and bypass the preamp. I pulled the processor and just ran straight into the amp which seemed to work. After a couple songs the volume dropped again and there was no sound at all. I would turn the amp off or flick the standby switch a couple times and the sound would come back. Got through the rest of the gig with an amp that had a mind of its own as far as volume.

When I got home I started messing with it and saw that one of the covers on the preamp tubes had fallen off. The cover has a spring in it, I don't know if its conductive or just there to hold the tube in place. The preamp tubes all look fine, but I don't really know what I'm looking at. I turned the amp on and it seemed ok, but sounded different. I run a power attenuator through the effects loops (ps, I'm not sure which side of the attenuator is send/return cause the label fell off, is there an easy way to test this and can this cause a problem if its the wrong way.)
    Since the amp seemed ok I put the effects processor back in the effect loop. It works but the master volume on the amp no longer does anything. This has never happened before as I would use the amps volume control and not the processors volume control at gigs.

That is pretty much where I'm at right now. I've got gigs this weekend and I'm sick of issues with this amp. Sounds great but there's always something.

Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting? I don't know much about tube amps, but I can solder and understand limited electronics.

PLEASE HELP,
    Eric
    Bugera 6262-212
    Reverend Gil Paris signature
    Digitech RP-1000
    Taylor 110
Working...
X