tonight is a big night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonight is a big night

Tonight marks the night a guitar player will test out my first complete set with his band.

Man, I am stoked, and nervous at the same time.

Hopefully he likes them as much as I do. Proud Father I am.

It's a thrilling experience. Good luck!
    Valvulados

Comment

That is cool! Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks guys.

It went awesome.

He noodled around on his stock strat for a few then I had him switch. Let him play for a few, then they played a few songs.

Simply put, he was damn happy. Said the humbucker felt like EVH, and also mentioned SRV on some settings.

Tons of bite, lots of tone and personality. He also said each position sounds like a different guitar.

Loved that the set had very pronounced highs and mids with good bottom end balance.

He also really liked the microphonics I designed in. Actually, he said is was perfect.

The little test turned into doing a set for his Strat, possibly his LP and the singer wants some for his Gibson.

Such a good feeling.

Comment

Good for you!
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Good to hear. Congrats!
            Valvulados

Comment

Congrats! Do you know him (or his playing) well? I've had a few players try my prototypes, and I agree - it is nerve-wracking! It was people that I knew well and knew their tastes, which always helps in interpreting them. I mean, if a good ol' boy country guy hates your shred active pickups, that doesn't tell you much.

When people invoke the names of their heroes in describing something, it is always a compliment.

Comment

"UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
                  Congrats! Do you know him (or his playing) well? I've had a few players try my prototypes, and I agree - it is nerve-wracking! It was people that I knew well and knew their tastes, which always helps in interpreting them. I mean, if a good ol' boy country guy hates your shred active pickups, that doesn't tell you much.

When people invoke the names of their heroes in describing something, it is always a compliment.
                  Yeah, he is a friend of mine. I built a guitar for him a few years ago when I worked with a partner. He is a damn fine guitar player to boot.

I actually built this set for a guy in Nashville but wanted my friend here to test them out before I sent them off. Through my testing I was happy but needed that subjective ear to move forward.

Comment

Working...
                  X