Princeton Transformer confusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton Transformer confusion?

Could someone help me figure out were the leads on these transformers go on this schematic. With the power transformer I'm not sure which of the red leads to use the 600v or the 600v 100mA. then with the output transformer I think that the brown is the ground or common but I'm not sure where to put the blue or red.
    Attached Files

One set of the PT windings is for 660V, the other is for 600V.
    That output transformer is for a push pull amp, not for the schematic you have.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Actually, that OT is indicated as being for a tweed Princeton OR a Princeton Reverb on the Weber site...??? I think Weber intends that half the primary is used for the tweed Princeton. But I can't be sure (and I wouldn't call it ideal part allocation at all).

FWIW I'd say to use the 600V wind on the PT secondary and use the primary that matches your wall voltage.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I finally found a schematic on the weber website.

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/5f2a_schem.jpg

So it looks like I hook the A power to the brown, the 6v6 to the blue and the leave the red wire alone. Then they just use the 2 reds for the PT.

Comment

Originally posted by nat-han View Post
          [UR. Then they just use the 2 reds for the PT.
          What does this statement have to do with the output transformer?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            Maybe he meant "power tube"? I just hope he doesn't hook up the PT and OT together
            Valvulados

Comment

Years ago, when I was doing beta testing for Weber, they were still trying to use generic push pull output transformers in their smaller, single ended amp kits but eliminating the use of the primary center tap and going completely across the primary winding.... to the brown and blue leads.
              Of course this is a poor way to use a PP output transformer but it does work, to a degree, if the PP output tranny is large enough...
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

The intention was to save money and not have to remake air gapped ones?
                Valvulados

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                  The statements were independent of each other sorry I realize that wasn't very clear.

Comment

Working...
                  X