external speaker jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• external speaker jack

i have a vox combo amp & when i use the external speaker jack it disables the internal speaker..... i want to use the internal speaker also.... how do i make this happen ???

Originally posted by beetle288 View Post
    i have a vox combo amp & when i use the external speaker jack it disables the internal speaker.
    .... i want to use the internal speaker also.... how do i make this happen ???
    That it disconnects is intentional, perhaps the minimum recommended ohmage is that speaker.
    IF the ohmage is somehow figured to be safe, simply putting a long enough speaker cable to the combo cabinet speaker, then a parallel-through 2 jacks for the ext. cabinet, plug the speaker cable between the amp out, and plug the amp speaker into the cabinet.
    Otherwise, a permanent mod would involve rewiring the existing jacks...also takes some figureing out/layout/wiring debugging [you want that load to be 'correct' for the amp]..having not looked into the amp I can't say what it looks like or whether or not it'd be prudent to proceed with it.

Comment

You can do that by changing the output transformer, it allows matching of 2 loads instead of one.

Comment

I'd check first that it does have an output transformer.
        That it disconnects is intentional, perhaps the minimum recommended ohmage is that speaker.
        This sounds reasonable to me, I also suspect it's an SS combo.
        Of course, I might be wrong.
        Could beetle288 please post the "Vox combo" model?
        That way we could give him a better answer.
        Thanks.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X