Input or FX Return on AMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input or FX Return on AMP

I'm not sure if this is best placed here, but couldn't find better in other forums.

I have gone the route of using pedals for my preamp tone (Jekyll n Hyde, BD-2, EQ, Dr.Boogie / SLO Century DIY for a killer MESA tone(in progress)), and finally a Epiphone Valve JR with load and line out. The Valve JR is set up to add some output tube distortion/color. Its just one EL84 SE, so its not some thick creamy tone, but it adds some fine tone.
    All of this was going to run into my 31 band EQ and then a power amp- driving a cabinet.

All of this to get to my real question.

Over the past few days I really started enjoying my Fender M80 chorus again. Its VERY loud and capable of holding its own on stage. I was thinking of using this front end as described above with it, but I ran into some uncertainty.
    I can set the tone to neutral and run it thru the input, but I can also run it directly into the amp via the FX return. No LEVEL on the return, so thats an issue. If I run it thru the all SS of the clean channel, am I robbing myself of some tone? I can't really hear it degrading, and I can't think that is WOULD degrade.

Sorry for so long winded of a post. I actually think this is my first. I just need to nail this down and want to get it right and cover all the bases of info.

THX.
    J
    www.myMANICEPISODE.com
Working...
X