Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 1481 Resistors

Hello,

Recently picked up where I left off on a Silvertone 1481. This is my first project amp and it's been a slow process. I've installed a new speaker, OT, filters, and since most of the resistors were off, them too. I'm getting no sound except a tiny bit of electrical buzz from the speaker. I think I should have installed 1 watt resistors instead of the 1/2 watts that are in there now. Is anyone familiar with this amp who can tell me?

Paul

Here is the schematic.
    Exactly which resistors do you feel should be 1 watt?
    If the amp does not make sound then you have to troubleshoot the problem.
    Seeing that it was gutted you will have to start at the beginning.
    Verify every connection on the amp agrees with the schematic.
    If true, fire it up & check all of your voltages.
    Plates, cathodes, heaters, bias voltage across the output tube cathode resistor.
    If true, send a signal through the amp & verify that it reaches the output tube grid.
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what the voltages are, but it seems to me the only resistors taking much current are the 270 ohm 6v6 cathode resistor, and the 4.7K and the 100K in the power supply. I would probbaly use 5W on the 270 and 4.7k and maybe 1W on the 100K dropping resistor. Even that is overkill. The others should be fine at 1/2W.

But, seeing as how you were swapping out old resistors on an existing piece of equipment, why wouldn't you just swap them at the orginal power rating? The orginal designer figured the power requirements for each component, and would have tested the circuit to see if it held up.

As the previous poster said, something else is up with your circuit.

Comment

Working...
      X