Flatwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatwork

I expect this is an old chestnut ... but as I live in the UK and getting stuff is not the easiest ... ill have a go: I'm going to get some Tele and Strat Forbon flatwork laser cut and I'm looking for measurements or ideally working drawings. Anyone able to help? I'm slightly fed up with paying 20% tax on top of price and shipping from the US ... not that I begrudge the US economy or StuMac any trade/money ... its our own chiselling Chancellor of the Exchequer I bulk at paying!

check out some CAD software - there is a thread not too long ago discussing this.

The Seymour Duncan site has always been a great cheat for me on sizes. From there, you'll need to be in touch with whomever is doing your cutting so you can know tap hole sizes (that actually can be found with an internet search) and tolerances on press fits for pole pieces.

This may be a stupid question, but have you tried shopping around with other sellers of flatwork?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up regards the Seymour Duncan site. I've spent a happy day with Corel Draw and Autocad working up laser cutting plans. there are really no alternatives this side of the Atlantic apart from importing ... and paying a ridiculous premium. If I was looking at small quantities then fine ... but I think that recouping cutting costs by selling on some flatwork to other UK pickup builders maybe the way to go.

Comment

I'll defer to your experience on that, but I feel like I've read about UK suppliers on this site... where is peskywinnets when you need him?

Comment

Working...
        X