Is my Orange really an Orange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my Orange really an Orange?

Ok... so i bought this when i was younger say.... 9 years ago, i think i was 14. I bought it right around the time orange started making amps again, but i think it was an original. I never opened the back up until recently to see what exact speakers were in it, and they Say Celestion g12t-75 and the Orange logo is even on the Celestions. So i figure, no big whoop. but then I realize the wood looks like particle board. Did some sleazy salesman switch out the speakers into an orange tolex cab, put the logo on the grill it and sell it to me? or were they made with particle board before. (cause i thought they were made with pine)

oh and on the tag on the back of the cab says:
    OR212
    Type: Lead
    150 watts

Thatīs correct,same as mine,90īs model,particle and 75watt celestions

Comment

Originally posted by Two Tone View Post
      Thatīs correct,same as mine,90īs model,particle and 75watt celestions
      so it's a reissue eh? do you know if they always used particle board? or still do for that matter. it just completely took me a back.... particle board is probably one of the worst woods for sound dispersion.

Comment

Nope. I've had two Orange cabs in the past and both were made with ply. And very heavy

Don't know about the modern ones, I've yet to poke around inside one.
        So B+ is the one that hurts when you touch it, yeah?

Comment

I had a pair of 4x12s from the circa-'95 reissue series. They were plywood, had G12T-75s (standard label, though), and had no center post.

They were heavy, but one of them weighed about fifteen pounds more than the other. Never could figure that out, I've never heard of plywood density varying that much.

Comment

Working...
          X