Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    The Ruby's shown have the Grey plates.
    The TADs are the only tube I have with the Real Shiny Black plates.
    Here's the data sheet on it.
    http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/images/...2008.07.11.pdf
    T
    I love it how 99% marketing material for musicians either alludes to destruction, food or clothing.

Exhibit A:
    "Swing your axe and shred in a rock rampage of deathly vengeance. The all new all old vintage new old thing for metalheads."

Exhibit B:
    "Silky smooth tops and satin mids. Mix in with our exclusive patented curduroy bell bottom end and cotton fresh velvet drive. Wear our new amplifier at the nearest hipster fashion mall."

Exhibit C:
    "Vanilla overdrive with creamy highs and just the right amount of sweet distortion. Buy this s@#t and eat it already."

EDIT: OMG the TAD marketing combines those techniques! Guts and biting and magic and THEN silky top ends??? This is a winner my friend I can tell by the pixels.
    Valvulados

Comment

I don't know why but your post reminded me of George Carlin's classic football vs baseball skit.

"Baseball and Football." George Carlin

Baseball is pastoral
      Football is technological

Baseball is played in a park
      Football is played in a stadium

Baseball...has no time limit
      We don't know when it's gonna happen
      Football is rigidly timed
      And it will end if we have to even go to sudden death

Baseball has the bunt
      Football has the punt

Baseball's object is to go home...I'm going home!
      In football, we're down in enemy territory
      Reaching for the end zone

In football we have the block, the clip, the kick, the blitz, the bomb,
      The offense, the defense
      In baseball, we have the sacrifice

And in baseball, you make an error
      In football, you pay a penalty"

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post
        I love it how 99% marketing material for musicians either alludes to destruction, food or clothing.

Exhibit A:
        "Swing your axe and shred in a rock rampage of deathly vengeance. The all new all old vintage new old thing for metalheads."

Exhibit B:
        "Silky smooth tops and satin mids. Mix in with our exclusive patented curduroy bell bottom end and cotton fresh velvet drive. Wear our new amplifier at the nearest hipster fashion mall."

Exhibit C:
        "Vanilla overdrive with creamy highs and just the right amount of sweet distortion. Buy this s@#t and eat it already."

EDIT: OMG the TAD marketing combines those techniques! Guts and biting and magic and THEN silky top ends??? This is a winner my friend I can tell by the pixels.
        How many dozen Pairs did you order?
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          How many dozen Pairs did you order?
          T
          With that amount of silky creamy velvet magic? Three boxes full !
          Valvulados

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post
            With that amount of silky creamy velvet magic? Three boxes full !
            With the Dealer Discount, Look how much money you saved!
            B_T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

I *really* like the Ruby 6L6GCM-STR. They sound great, are reliable, and last a long time. The Sovwreck 6L6wxt+ is a nice tube sounding tube as well, but last I knew they wouldn't hack UL operation (screen failure). Maybe they've fixed this, I dunno.
              The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Originally posted by Gtr_tech View Post
                I *really* like the Ruby 6L6GCM-STR. They sound great, are reliable, and last a long time. The Sovwreck 6L6wxt+ is a nice tube sounding tube as well, but last I knew they wouldn't hack UL operation (screen failure). Maybe they've fixed this, I dunno.
                I've Not heard them called SovWreck, but I have run that very same tube everyday in my Traynor ycs50 for 4 years.
                All the red Writing and Sovtek birds are Cooked and faded off. (No Screen Failure)
                They still sounded pretty good, but I changed them out with the TAD tall Bottles.
                6L6wxt+ never sounded as good as the TADs.
                I may have to try the Ruby's sometime.
                T
                Terry

Comment

Working...
                X