Roland KC-150 Won't Power On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland KC-150 Won't Power On

This is a keyboard amp which I figure isn't any different from a guitar amp. I know nothing about repairs in general, except to look for a blown fuse which is what I did already. No transistors or anything look like they're popped or broken that I can see. Does anyone know any other basic things that I can look for to try and get this to work? This amp was purchased brand new and returned because it didn't power on, that is unless the person took it home and fried something or broke it somehow. Everything looks new inside though, no signs of black marks or anything that looks like something blew out. Thanks in advance....

Originally posted by gsusjams View Post
    I know nothing about repairs in general, except to look for a blown fuse which is what I did already.
    You're done then. I did a quick look at the owner's manual, and it looks to be solid state. A person who knows nothing about repairs (and has the guts and honesty to admit it! Good for you.) really is limited to what they can plug in and remove from the outside, which is power cord, fuse, speaker cables and connections, and tubes if provided.

No transistors or anything look like they're popped or broken that I can see. Does anyone know any other basic things that I can look for to try and get this to work? This amp was purchased brand new and returned because it didn't power on, that is unless the person took it home and fried something or broke it somehow. Everything looks new inside though, no signs of black marks or anything that looks like something blew out.
    It *could be* something as simple as wire broken or loose in a connector. Of course, it *could be* that the process of finding and fixing that would electrocute you or start a fire when it's plugged back in if not done just right, too.

For the situation you've described, let the manufacturer fix it or scrap it. If it's already been scrapped, give it to someone who has the technical skills to mess with it or cannibalize it for parts without endangering themselves or others.

I have to tell you that I sometimes wonder if I'd be happier having practiced guitar instead of spending the months and years building up technical skills. It's a tradeoff.
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

I agree with R.G.
      You will need the schematic, which I do not have.
      Roland charges for there tech info.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm going to sell it for parts. I don't know what it's worth but I put it on ebay for $50. Hopefully I can recoup something for it. I appreciate your feedback on my question.

Comment

Um...
          You don't need to tell me where you got it, but if it was returned to a dealer dead after new purchase, would this possibly be a unit that Roland didn't want back? Many amp makers have discard lists, and the dead units are not supposed to return to the market.

If this is even close to what is going on, may I suggest removing the serial number from the unit so the dealer doesn't potentially have a hassle with Roland.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X