Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Vibrolux Reverb AA864 schematic

Hi all,

can anybody please help me out with a Vibrolux Reverb AA864 schematic (and possibly layout)?
    Have been looking at the usual places all over the web and can't find it.

Maybe there are other amps with the same board (only diff. speakers etc)?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Albert
    www.albertkreuzer.com

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/elect...page.php?cat=1

Try this I found the other day. Awesome site.
    KB

Comment

Thanks alot!

Found the AB568, but not the AA864
      Well, better than nothing I guess.
      All Fender amps are the same anyway

Cheers,
      Albert
      www.albertkreuzer.com

Comment

The AA864 is on there too. Go down to Fender and it will be under AA864.
        http://www.freeinfosociety.com/elect...iew.php?id=859
        KB

Comment

Yes, but that's a Bassman. I am looking for a Vibrolux Reverb.
          Found an AA964 BFVR on Schematic Heaven though. Guess that's as close as it gets...

Thanks anyway

Albert
          www.albertkreuzer.com

Comment

It is not on any of my Fender discs, just the 964. How much could happen in a month anyway?
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeah, that was my thought also.
              On Monday I'll open her up and we will see.

(If even Enzo doesn't have the schemo - it doesn't exist )

Cheers & Happy Easter everybody

Albert
              www.albertkreuzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Kreuzer View Post
                Hi all,

can anybody please help me out with a Vibrolux Reverb AA864 schematic (and possibly layout)?
                Have been looking at the usual places all over the web and can't find it.

Maybe there are other amps with the same board (only diff. speakers etc)?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
                Albert
                www.albertkreuzer.com
                Here's a link to the AA964...

http://www.schematicheaven.com/fende...a964_schem.pdf

According to this SITE..

They are the same amps but the AA864 uses Jensen C10Q speakers and the AA964 uses Oxford 10L5 speakers.

Vibrolux Reverb AA864, AA964 Jensen C10Q; Oxford 10L5

Comment

Hey my 1967 is also an AA864 and I've not been able to find schemo - but I've been able to find any difference between it and the "AB" either.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Keystring View Post
                    Here's a link to the AA964...

http://www.schematicheaven.com/fende...a964_schem.pdf

According to this SITE..

They are the same amps but the AA864 uses Jensen C10Q speakers and the AA964 uses Oxford 10L5 speakers.
                    Hey Keystring,

already found the AA964. Thanks for the Gagliano link - good to know the speaker is the only difference.

Cheers,
                    Albert
                    www.albertkreuzer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Kreuzer View Post
                      Hey Keystring,

already found the AA964. Thanks for the Gagliano link - good to know the speaker is the only difference.

Cheers,
                      Albert
                      www.albertkreuzer.com
                      Probably wouldn't be too hard to take the chassis out and verify that the circuits are the same.

Most of the fender circuits had minor variations from one model to the next.

Comment

I was wondering what kind of rectifier tube is in your Vibrolux Reverb?

I just bought a 1969 Vibrolux Reverb that has a GZ34 listed on the tube chart but there's an old RCA 5U4 in there now and it looks like it's been there forever, it may actually be the original tube from the factory. I was curious as to which of these two tubes other people have in their 1969 Vibrolux Reverbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Humbucker View Post
                          I was wondering what kind of rectifier tube is in your Vibrolux Reverb?

I just bought a 1969 Vibrolux Reverb that has a GZ34 listed on the tube chart but there's an old RCA 5U4 in there now and it looks like it's been there forever, it may actually be the original tube from the factory. I was curious as to which of these two tubes other people have in their 1969 Vibrolux Reverbs?
                          Schematic shows a 5U4GB for the model AA270

Model AA270

And a GZ34 for the model AA763 and the AA964...

Model AA763

The GZ34 would give you a tighter sound and the 5U4GB would give you earlier break up and more 'sag'.

As far as it 'looks like it's been there forever', Fender has a reputation of 'ship with what you got', so it's possible the 5U4GB came from the factory even though the tube chart says GZ34.
                          Last edited by Keystring; 04-12-2007, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I don't think that my amp is wired according to the AA270 schematic since the convenience outlet on the back of my amp doesn't have a ground, it's a two prong receptacle. On the AA270 schematic, there's a three prong outlet.

I'm going to have to open up the chassis soon, then I'll post again with a follow-up. Thanks!

Comment

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...d.php?t=213952

Your not the only one who's had this problem so it would seem apparent that the AA964 would be the one. I've seen the same thing with the Princeton as far as the months go 9 & 11 are exactly the same schematic. When I posted that link for the Bassman 864 I had just looked at the Vibrolux AA964 and it was right above it so I mistook it for the Vibrolux but they are totally different even though they are both AA864.
                              KB

Comment

Working...
                              X