Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting an overseas market Line6 amp to 120v

Hello all,

Looking to convert a Line6 Spider III 15 watt amp from 220-240v to 120V. I don't really want to go with an external transformer.

I'm fairly handy with electronics so I think I can just swap the appropriate transformer (if I can find one), and replace the appropriate fuse. Considering the amp sold for less than $100 new/discounted, it isn't cost-effective to have an authorized repair center do the work (already checked). The problem is getting the part (at the service center's discretion)!

I believe the US-model uses On-Tech transformer 1X-5730-04H0. The 1X-5730-04H0 spec is: I/P:100/120VAC 50/60Hz O/P:15.2VAC x 2/7.

Out of curiosity I checked the no-load AC outputs for my transformer (2X-5730-04H0) when plugged into a 120v outlet. As expected, they read about half as high as the spec for the 1x- model.

Anyone know where I might be able to find a suitable transformer (at a reasonable price)? Or perhaps there's a Line6 15 owner looking to move to a 220V country wanting to swap parts?

Thanks!

still interested

hi there I recently moved to a european country and I need a 220V transformer.

let me know

I have a line 6 spider IV us model rated at 120V

best Niels

Originally posted by kh777 View Post
    Hello all,

Looking to convert a Line6 Spider III 15 watt amp from 220-240v to 120V. I don't really want to go with an external transformer.

I'm fairly handy with electronics so I think I can just swap the appropriate transformer (if I can find one), and replace the appropriate fuse. Considering the amp sold for less than $100 new/discounted, it isn't cost-effective to have an authorized repair center do the work (already checked). The problem is getting the part (at the service center's discretion)!

I believe the US-model uses On-Tech transformer 1X-5730-04H0. The 1X-5730-04H0 spec is: I/P:100/120VAC 50/60Hz O/P:15.2VAC x 2/7.

Out of curiosity I checked the no-load AC outputs for my transformer (2X-5730-04H0) when plugged into a 120v outlet. As expected, they read about half as high as the spec for the 1x- model.

Anyone know where I might be able to find a suitable transformer (at a reasonable price)? Or perhaps there's a Line6 15 owner looking to move to a 220V country wanting to swap parts?

Thanks!

Comment

i just sold the transformer (after finally finding a 120V one). I will try to put you in contact with the purchaser. Send me a PM with your contact info.

Comment

Working...
      X