Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS GE-7 NEW

Dear friends,

Does anyone have schematic diagram or service manual of the new version of Boss GE-7 equalizer? I mean on the verison with two SIL op-amps and three DIP op-amps.

This is a picture of the GE-7 printed board.

Thank you at advance...
    Attached Files

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by vangelismetheny View Post
      Dear friends,

Does anyone have schematic diagram or service manual of the new version of Boss GE-7 equalizer? I mean on the verison with two SIL op-amps and three DIP op-amps.

This is a picture of the GE-7 printed board.

Thank you at advance...
      I think this is what you're looking for
      Attached Files

Comment

That seems to be that version. Indeed you are a real doctor!

Thank you so much friend!

Cheers!

Comment

This is a very old thread. The schematic pdf link just goes to a blank screen now. Does anyone have the new schematic version of the GE-7 that will currently open? I would appreciate it.

Comment

Boss GE-7 Equalizer Schematic

I will post what I have.
            I do not know if it is the new version or the old version.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's the Dr's one slightly resized look similar - slightly more detail in this one..GE-7 Equalizer Vintage.pdf

added the original Service notes from Feb 1987
              Attached Files
              Last edited by oc disorder; 10-27-2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

O/k, so that is the 'new' version?
                Then what is the version that I posted?
                Old?

Comment

Thanks OC Disorder. That would be the new version for sure. Yes, Jazz P Bass, your version is the old one.

Here's what I'm doing... Some time ago I gave this a Monte Allum mod +plus I needed to balance out my tone & levels between my Strat & PRS guitars. I typically dial in my settings for the Strat to sound best, but when I do, the PRS is too dark & lifeless. Also, the PRS is much hotter. I needed an A/B switching situation on my input so I decided to build that into my GE-7. I replaced the input jack with a TRS so I could send the PRS in on the tip & the Strat on the ring. I have a separate box on the side of my pedalboard that marks the appropriate inputs for my guitars.

I cloned the input circuitry with updated mods & mounted the additional circuitry in the battery compartment. The PRS routes through the EQ but when it is "off" it actually routes the Strat through the additional buffer circuit. I also added a gain pot to match it to the level of the PRS/EQ "on" state. It has worked great for about a year & the tone of the strat is still good, but if I bypass the GE-7, I notice the Strat has lost a little tone on its highs (tone sucking buffers at it again... even with the upgraded op amps). It just doesn't quite sparkle the way I would want.

In the meantime I bought an EP exotic booster & love what that thing does. I found some circuits for it, so I bread-boarded it up thinking I could clone it & use it as my my new bypass buffering for my Strat switching on the GE-7.

Well, I've experimented, adapted the switching, and in fact, I'm using the output section of the EP exotic booster and it sounds amazing. It even improved the sound of the PRS too. I've tweaked it all in and found that I can even use the FETS (Q4, Q5) to switch with. It's all been tested and I jammed with it (the only true test).

So next... the permanent implementation phase... can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                  X