Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand winding for beginners, video manual with some tips included.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand winding for beginners, video manual with some tips included.

Here is small vidio manual about hand winding for beginners made in vintage style, check it out and you will find some tips that can be interesting for you.
    We made this thread to discuss hand winding, so please ask your qestions and they will find their answer.

P.S. Audio in this video track is our pickup prototypes sound samples of Bridge T34 Dist and Neck Clean JAZZ.
    Attached Files
    YouTube channel
    Contact us:
    sthandling@gmail.com

I'd like to add that having a wire guide with traverse limits makes winding much easier, especially for beginners. I've been winding for about five years now, and I would not do it free hand like that.

For an example of what a traverse limit is, check out this video from Stew-Mac showing the (over priced and underpowered) Schatten winder. I still wind on a modded Schatten, but I would urge new winders to try and build their own winder. I also wind a coil in less than 10 minutes, because my winder goes much faster.

Last edited by David Schwab; 07-12-2011, 05:31 PM.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Your right David!
      I didn't notice that when I watched it.
      I would never keep the wire on the bobbin without the wire guide.
      I have a homemade roller guide that I made that I like.
      B_T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

By the deep conviction of our leaderClick image for larger version

Name:	Laie_61.gif
Views:	1
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	821170 it is very useful to learn to HW without T limiter, because it gives a deeper understanding of the layout step and pickup winding generally.
        In that case later it is not really important how you will wind HW or CNC, you will be able to get two simmilar coils with different winding style as on attached screenshot.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00187.JPG
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	821171 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00371.JPG
Size:	995.1 KB
ID:	821172
        Our chief engineer Andry for example allways check CNC winding quality with HW and not vice versa.
        So we believe that the easiest way is not always the best in the end.

Best wishes
        MrCandy
        YouTube channel
        Contact us:
        sthandling@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks

MrCandy, thanks very much indeed for this helpful video.

I am curious about the vintage style winder you use there. I am reminded of a vintage wallmount pencil sharpener from the days of my youth. Would you be so kind as to tell us a little more about it.

Frank

Comment

Working...
          X