Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugera amps? (any suggestions for a decent amp in this price range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera amps? (any suggestions for a decent amp in this price range?

I'm looking for a nice, two or three channel tube amp for under $600. I'm seriously considering trying out a Bugera 6260 or 333 (heard great things about the sound), but I'm worried about reliability. I've heard these amps tend to break down fairly often, though it usually seems like it's a problem with the stock tubes. A few people have told me all I need to do if it breaks down is take it into a repair shop and it will never break down again.

Any experiences with these? If I do get a Bugera, the first thing I'm doing is taking it to the local repair shop to have them put in some new tubes and basically give it a checkup.

I only need a head, I've got a couple decent cabinets to work with already. Other heads I'm looking at: Peavey valveking 100 (heard they're extremely reliable, not totally in love with the sound though), B-52 AT-100 (sounds like it has all I need, but I haven't tried one out yet), B-52 ATX-100 (even more features than the AT-100, costs a little more). Any experiences with any of these?
    Delay and wah... that's almost one pedal too many.

Looking for a good tube amp around $600.
    This statement is a bit contradictory :~)

I recently fixed a Bugera for a friend, they are cheap, they are Chinese, it was heavy, but the transformers were tiny, it worked well enough and it was clean and tidy inside, typical push on connectors which had glue on them to stop them coming off, I reckon if you looked after it carefully it would last a long time i.e. in your bedroom. If it’s getting thrown in the car for lots of gigging it would not be my choice.

Comment

Bugera=Behringer. (Music Group, IP LTD.)

Behringer=Crappy Quality

Enough for me to avoid them.

Brad1

Comment

I agree. I bought a new Bugera 333XL a few years ago and sold it within a few months. I retubed it right away, but it still sounded thin. on the distortion channels. But I did kind of like the clean channel. They are built cheap. Hence the cheap pricepoint. I would invest in a used Peavey TripleXXX, JSX, etc........ 6505,5150. Never tried the Valveking. The all tube B-52, sound pretty good. Best of luck to ya.

Comment

Alright. Definitely not gonna go with either of the Bugeras. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Traynor Makes some pretty good gear in the middle price range.
            I have a 50 watt Combo that has been great for past 3 years.
            Good Luck,
            Terry
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

I've actually been playing through an old traynor head I fixed up a while ago. Sounds alright, but I can't really get the sounds I need out of it.

Finally got to play a B52 today. My mind's made up.

Comment

Working...
              X