Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PMX518M output problems

Hello,
    I'm working on a Behringer Europower PMX518M. there was no output when the customer brought it to me & I found a bad output transistor. I replaced both the PNP and NPN output transistors and what I have now is a distorted output. When I scope it it gives me a sawtooth waveform.
    Anybody have any experience with behringer stuff?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Scott

My advice would be to toss it in the trash. Behringers are terrible to work on, and not much support from the mother company.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, both of you.

wbegg, come on, that's not very helpful. A guy's amp is a guys amp, and like it or not, he probably wants it to work.

If there is a sawtooth on the output, look to the power supply. I forget what voltages it runs on, but let's say +/-35v for now. Are both polarity supplies more or less the same voltage? Are both relatively free of ripple? And same for the +/-15v supplies for the op amps. Are both up and clean?

Seems to me on that one I had to remove a couple of vertical power resistors to get at the screws for the power transistors. Either of them open?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X