Amp Builder Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregS View Post
    I thought that durability and reliability were important criteria here which was the reason for wanting something custom hand built.
    I dont necessarily disagree with this, but it just seems $1,250 is a lot for a small amp. The Blackheart does have an upgrade kit available:

Allen Amplification - Blackheart™ BH5H point-to-point KIT
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
    - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by JoeM View Post
      I dont necessarily disagree with this, but it just seems $1,250 is a lot for a small amp. The Blackheart does have an upgrade kit available:

Allen Amplification - Blackheart™ BH5H point-to-point KIT
      Here's a couple more Blackheart Kits.
      A Pre-Wired, and Un-Wired versions.
      Mojo Amp Kits » 5550100 Blackheart Little Giant Amp Upgrade Kit (BH5 Turret Board Kit Wired)
      Mojo Amp Kits » 5550101 Blackheart Little Giant Amp Upgrade Kit (BH5 Turret Board Kit Unwired)
      B_T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Hey guys, didn't you notice that guitarcoach is a fake user, that he's not interested at all in having an amp built, even less so for the RIDICULOUS price of $1250??
        His is a SPAM message, like many we have been receiving lately, pushing his:
        http://www.yourguitarcoach.com/
        Online guitar lessons taught via Skype

And you all got hyperexcited about this.
        If it sounds too good to be true, then (quite) probably it's not true.
        And my personal message to "guitarcoach":
        congratulations, you are quite clever, you almost convinced quite a lot of fine minds around here, although it looks like none of them really bought what you say.
        PS: you thanked every answer you got, probably to increase goodwill; unfortunately I guess this one won't get that.
        Oh well, I'll talk that over with my analyst.
        PS2: I *love* this Forum. It's never boring.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I just received from Seattle my prototype 18 watt amp. I was going to pull the old pre-amp card, and install my new preamp inside it. It's an EL-34 and a 6L6 with electronic power braking. I'd be willing to sell it. If you're interested, hit me back.

-g

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
            Hey guys, didn't you notice that guitarcoach is a fake user, that he's not interested at all in having an amp built, even less so for the RIDICULOUS price of $1250??

If it sounds too good to be true, then (quite) probably it's not true.
            And my personal message to "guitarcoach":
            congratulations, you are quite clever, you almost convinced quite a lot of fine minds around here, although it looks like none of them really bought what you say.
            PS: you thanked every answer you got, probably to increase goodwill; unfortunately I guess this one won't get that.
            Oh well, I'll talk that over with my analyst.
            PS2: I *love* this Forum. It's never boring.
            He sure fooled me, and I thought he might be the Sucker! lol
            I sent him some alternatives, trying to help him save money.
            Like you say, never a dull Moment here on this Forum!
            But Above All,
            KEEP ROCKIN!
            Terry
            Last edited by big_teee; 07-19-2011, 07:02 PM.
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post

So are you suggesting that we remove all commercial links from a member's signature here? Perhaps the OP is a bit misguided in his request but I do not see that as being a violation of site policy.

Steve Ahola
              The Blue Guitar
              www.blueguitar.org
              Some recordings:
              https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

No, not at all.
                Please don't misunderstand me.
                What scratched me the wrong way , big time, was the so_obviously_fake offer of paying $1250 for what can be had, commercially or handbuilt, from $99 to, say, $300/400.
                Whether it was an attention-getter for some commercial link or simply some twisted prank, is, in the end result, irrelevant.
                Now, if he *actually* pays one of the fine chaps around here that sum for such a job, as specified in the OP, I'm ready to take out everything I said and fully, humbly, apologize.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                X