Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question on Tube output configuration -- Push Pull SE operation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on Tube output configuration -- Push Pull SE operation?

I got these 7695 tubes cheep (>$2 each) and I was looking through the datasheet and came accross this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Single Ended Push Pull.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	863652

I was wondering what this get me? Except to be able to use a SE transformer (it says transformer less but I don't have any 250ohm or 800 ohm speakers)
    It looks interesting though.. 5 watts at 120volts is interesting though.. 50volt heaters not so much.. Miss read the datasheet before I bought them.

here is the datasheet
    http://tubedata.milbert.com/sheets/168/7/7695.pdf

Interesting circuit, it's a variant of the SRPP as usually seen with triodes and popular in hifi for preamp and driver stages. You can use it to drive an autoformer or perhaps a 70V distribution type transformer. Your output coupling cap may need to change, possibly radically depending on the load.

You can also use it as you would any other power pentode. I expect with that heater and B+ requirement they expected these to go into transformerless radios and the like.
    My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

There is a issue with power for the heaters, It looks like I would need to find a 50 or 100 volt transformer that can put out 1.5 - 2 amps. as most tube transformers only give ma in the HV section..

I have 4 or 5 line transformers, so I will have to see.

Thanks

never mind, reread the datasheet, heaters need 150ma.. Parts express has a 50v 1.2 amp supply for $7
      Last edited by iccaros; 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X