Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 65R Frontman 1x12 combo reverb problem question

Hey Fellas,

I have a 2010 Fender Frontman 65R 1x12 combo amp that has really crappy nasally weak sounding reverb. I took the reverb pan out of my old Fender M80 1x12 and put it in the Frontman, wow, now for a SS amp that’s what the reverb should have sounded like all along in the Frontman amp.

Not sure if the reverb pan out of the Frontman was bad but just does not sound good. Any ideas of a good replacement for the Frontman to get a lush reverb or maybe I need to just fix the reverb pan originally from the Frontman?

Any good ideas??? maybe a better reverb pan???

Thanks

SO you like the sound of the pan from the M80? Look on that pan for the type number - you know, the "4EB2C1B" or whatever. Order yourself one of those and use it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the post Enzo,

Actually I did look for numbers like that. But for some reason all the old pan had was pat pend numbers of 2982819 and no other numbers unless they are hidden under the floating part of the pan.

I did see some pans at new Sensor that are designed for SS amps but only med delay. part number 8EB2C1B that is made for fender and other SS amps. Not sure how these sound.

Not sure why the Frontman reverb pan sounded so bad. It maybe not working right. Any fixes for this? Do you see any problems on these reverb pans in repair Enzo?

Thanks

Slo

Comment

A reverb pan is a reverb pan. You took the amp and one reverb pan sounded crappy, then you played the exact same amp with a different pan and the reverb sounded great. Only difference betwen the two was the pan. SOunds to me like the old one was defective.

The difference between the 4EB2C1B and the 8EB2C1B is the length. The #8 pans are the short ones, while the #4 ones are the "full size." Most folks think the long ones sound better, but there may not be room for one in your amp. Electrically they are the same.

The stock reverb in the M80 was Fender 028055, which was the 8EB2C1B.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the info Enzo,

I think I'll go ahead and order a new reverb pan then from New Sensor. Its funny that the Frontman came new with a crappy reverb. I just assumed that the reverb sounded crappy when I first got the amp too...

I think these import amps are sometimes hit or miss when getting a new one from GC...

Slo

Comment

Working...
          X