No announcement yet.

Roland RD-700GX Service Notes request - service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, you're right It's better to do it. I didn't do IT as I've thought that it changes nothing. Roland is on screen with or without all those boards connected. I'll do it again. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
      This is NOT what he said. You did not reconnect the other boards one at a time to see which board is causing the problem. Go back and reread. One of the other boards is likely the problem.
      Sorry but I was completely wrong and you were correct. It was me who needed to go back and reread everything. I thought you were NOT getting "ROLAND" on the screen originally but I see it was there all along. So you are correct it should be the mainboard that is bad. I feel like...idiot.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi,

do not!!!

It's great to see people trying to help

As I was shortly in charge of one service department while trying to hire someone with real skills I've pushed, in order to get less cost for our customers, one option like : the new generation of electronics has some kind of special software&tools for firmware updating, concerns motherboard but also other electronics around in the device equiped with the electronic bords with bootloaders, so the FW can be reprogrammed if the hardware is OK.

The good news is that I've succed to discuss shortly with the service responsible at Roland Europe and he has told me that they have such a tools for the RD700GX version in order to try to check/get "alive" the flash memory/Boot/FW. He knows that the reflex of all local service dealers is to direct main board replacement..."business is business"...so they would like to help and to do the software check if possible. In case that the hardware is out of order I have my eyes to cry as in Europe the mother board cost is 445eur = 600usd.

I'll keep you informed!

Cheers,

Comment

re-post of RD-700 service manual (non GX)
          Attached Files
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hey Did you manage to finally get the service notes for the GX?

Comment

Working...
            X